Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bracket: Who's your Tiger? Vote for your all-time favorite

I chose Tram over Greenburg because I remember how important Tram was to the championship team, feel very strongly he should be in Canton, and never saw Greenburg play... stats say it should be Greenburg easily, but I bet Trammel would have put up gaudy numbers, especially for a SS, in Greenburg's era, too.

It was always going to be a Cobb vs. Cabrera final, as it probably should be.

Cooperstown, NY. is baseball hall of fame.

Canton, OH. is the pro football hall of fame.

I voted for Greenberg for a few reasons over Trammel. A couple being, Greenberg was the first player AL player to join the armed forces during WWII, and lost 4 prime playing years because of it. Hank Greenberg was vocal about the desegregation of baseball, and was one of Jackie Robinsons earliest friends on the field. Twice he was voted the best player in the AL. (much like Miggy)

Last edited:
Kaline is going to win handily, so I voted for Cobb. I never saw either of them play, but I'm honestly more fascinated by Cobb because of how good he was.

Kaline will win, but in another 20 years after Miggy is retired the results would probably flip.

Kaline will win, but in another 20 years after Miggy is retired the results would probably flip.

I guess I'm not so smart because I assumed Cobb would beat Kaline seeing as he has more hits than any other Hall of Fame player (See what I did there?)

I figured Cobb v Cabrera was almost guaranteed.

Cobb won his own Triple Crown in 1909 with .377 BA / 9 HR / 107 RBI

It's free fun regardless.

Nah Kaline is the most popular Tiger basically ever. The baby boomer generation grew up with him and have spread his legend to the younger generations. Over time that will fade a little as it has with Cobb. That's why I think Miggy will pass Kaline in the future in terms of popularity with fans.

Nah Kaline is the most popular Tiger basically ever. The baby boomer generation grew up with him and have spread his legend to the younger generations. Over time that will fade a little as it has with Cobb. That's why I think Miggy will pass Kaline in the future in terms of popularity with fans.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's when Pete Rose was assaulting Cobb's record. Cobb was mythical to me whereas Kaline was a great real guy who played for the Tigers. I always felt like Detroit had one of the original greatest ever in the vein of Cy Young, Babe Ruth and Lou Gherig. Guys who had records we thought would never be broken.

I'm not disagreeing with you because at heart it is a popularity contest. When I think of my favorite I look at the guys I use when I'm in another state arguing about how the Tiger's history is better than whatever city they are from. Used to be a lot easier to do in Boston than now.

Used to be a lot easier to do in Boston than now.

Welcome to my world living amongst all these Jack-offs in boston.

Used to be a lot easier to do in Boston than now.

Welcome to my world living amongst all these Jack-offs in boston.

I like Boston. I know if Cabrera had crushed a grand slam off of Uehara they'd think I was that white trash hick from Detroit giving them shit about it.

The proximity to really cool stuff is an advantage to living there. Ever been to the Lowell diner?

I like Boston. I know if Cabrera had crushed a grand slam off of Uehara they'd think I was that white trash hick from Detroit giving them shit about it.

The proximity to really cool stuff is an advantage to living there. Ever been to the Lowell diner?

no mostly driven through or around Lowell on my way to New Hampshire. I'm more south of the city, hour plus from the Cape.

for about 40 years up until 2004, I used to have lots of fun and laughs yelling out 1918!!! to my redsox buddies.

Back