Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks out 12

Fangraphs is a nerd site. Those are the same stats that Inge lovers liked to quote to claim his "gold glove caliber defense" even though he was making 20+ errors a year. I've seen enough of DY to admit that he is a hack in the field. We aren't going to get Mike Trout as a replacement. But to say that Don Kelly is equal to Young is crazy.

Link?

Because that being true just because you said it is like me saying Bigfoot is real because we played poker Friday night.

Fact is you don't understand the advanced stats fangraphs uses that BBR does not like wOBA fIP, UZR/150, etc, so you will just call people who do nerds to make yourself feel better.

People throw around the word "nerd" like its supposed to be an insult. I AM a nerd/geek, and I love being one.

attachment.php

It's called I watch baseball. You do not need a glut of stats to tell you that Don Kelly is not a major league caliber player. Here is the only stat that I need to verifies that. He was put on waivers and out of 32 teams not one of them wanted him on their team for free. Delmon Young will play baseball this year and next year and probably for another 8-10 years. As soon as the Tigers cut Kelly, his MLB career will be over.

There is a limit as to the number of stats that are relevant.

Link?

Because that being true just because you said it is like me saying Bigfoot is real because we played poker Friday night.

Fact is you don't understand the advanced stats fangraphs uses that BBR does not like wOBA fIP, UZR/150, etc, so you will just call people who do nerds to make yourself feel better.

Im not going to put in a day searching the web for inge love, but here is an example

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-89913.html

Edit: Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. This was an example of the claim that Inge was Gold glove caliber through fan graphs stats.

Last edited:
It's called I watch baseball. You do not need a glut of stats to tell you that Don Kelly is not a major league caliber player. Here is the only stat that I need to verifies that. He was put on waivers and out of 32 teams not one of them wanted him on their team for free. Delmon Young will play baseball this year and next year and probably for another 8-10 years. As soon as the Tigers cut Kelly, his MLB career will be over.

I didnt think Hawk Harrelson used the internet.

I didnt think Hawk Harrelson used the internet.

Well slap my tits and call me Shirley. Who would have guessed that a guy using a Star Trek name would like advanced sabermetrics. Fan Graphs has a very diverse following doesn't it.

Im not going to put in a day searching the web for inge love, but here is an example

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-89913.html

Edit: Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. This was an example of the claim that Inge was Gold glove caliber through fan graphs stats.

Seriously? You use a forum discussion from 2011 outlining why Inge is done and not viable for the team? Did you actually read the discussion?

Inge had one stellar year for UZR/150 (2006). Other than that, his UZR/150 was not bad, but it wasn't "Gold Glove" caliber either.

FanGraphs did not really become a "go to" website until about 2011 (the year this forum discussion was presented). It certainly wasn't a prominent website in 2006. UZR stats did not start being listed on FanGraphs until December 2008.

Waivers are now a stat? Kewl.

Well slap my tits and call me Shirley. Who would have guessed that a guy using a Star Trek name would like advanced sabermetrics. Fan Graphs has a very diverse following doesn't it.

Alright then, Shirley.

*slaps your tits*

Seriously? You use a forum discussion from 2011 outlining why Inge is done and not viable for the team? Did you actually read the discussion?

Inge had one stellar year for UZR/150 (2006). Other than that, his UZR/150 was not bad, but it wasn't "Gold Glove" caliber either.

FanGraphs did not really become a "go to" website until about 2011 (the year this forum discussion was presented). It certainly wasn't a prominent website in 2006. UZR stats did not start being listed on FanGraphs until December 2008.

Like I said, I am not going to search the internet looking for inge love. If you want to do that then feel free. The fact that it states that his "gold glove caliber" defense is fading is enough for me. They quote fan graphs stats to prove that inge's once "gold glove caliber" defense is now falling off. I don't care if fan graphs was prominent or not at that time. The fact is that this discussion is using fangraphs numbers to claim that inge was something that he was not. Even the nerds of the day will cite correctly, that these stats are very flawed.

Like I said, I am not going to search the internet looking for inge love. If you want to do that then feel free. The fact that it states that his "gold glove caliber" defense is fading is enough for me. They quote fan graphs stats to prove that inge's once "gold glove caliber" defense is now falling off. I don't care if fan graphs was prominent or not at that time. The fact is that this discussion is using fangraphs numbers to claim that inge was something that he was not. Even the nerds of the day will cite correctly, that these stats are very flawed.

You failed to make your case. Bottom line. You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. I am done.

Signed the local message board Nerd.

You failed to make your case. Bottom line. You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. I am done.

Signed the local message board Nerd.

Im a troll? You are the one that attacks everyone that posts anything on these boards. Why do you think that only about 10 people post? I wrote maybe we can get DY and you have to puff out your chest and quote nerd stats. You are never friendly about it. You never make a discussion. You attack nonstop. You are an asshole.

Donald Motherflippin Kelly Kapowski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For flavor.

Im a troll? You are the one that attacks everyone that posts anything on these boards. Why do you think that only about 10 people post? I wrote maybe we can get DY and you have to puff out your chest and quote nerd stats. You are never friendly about it. You never make a discussion. You attack nonstop. You are an asshole.

For someone with only 46 posts in this forum, you appear to think you know me? Maybe another alias for a different username maybe? Hmmmm

It is only a few, usually trolls, that are offended with my posting style (usually just stats). Is it the message or the messenger you cannot stand?

I agree I tend to be "blunt". OK. Got it. Not likely I will change. I have been posting on forums for over 15 years. If the moderator needs to address my behavior, they have my personal email and can approach me anytime.

Research my posts and show me one post that I called another poster or social group a deliberate derogatory name. Ever other one of your posts are a slight to someone or a group.

I never root for a guy to get injured... Ok I won't say it... Bad form...

First off, I'm a nerd and Don fuckin' Kelly proud of it.

2ndly, can we have AJ cover CF and LF? We can just go with 8 hitters in the starting lineup.

Now now Fellas lets all get along. KC hates it when posters go after each other. Out of respect for him just let it go.

You both have your opinion and neither is gonna change his mind. Just my 2 cents

Back