Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey Rebbiv , Kinsler on pace for 61 doubles

nsonnett14

I told ya he could possibly hit 50 this year , but ya just dont listen !! haha

And 30 walks :cry:

I swear the coaching over the years says "you take a walk and I kill you."

My Comment from the previous thread:

Since opening Comerica Park, 8 times has a Tiger player hit at least 40 doubles, all hitting .300 or better (174 hits minimum). For Kinsler to have at least 50 doubles, he almost assuredly needs to hit .300 or better or get 174 or more hits.

1. Kinsler has never had more than 168 hits in a season

2. Kinsler has never hit more than 42 doubles in a season

3. Kinsler has only 5 doubles in 28 career hits in Comerica (17.9%)

4. Kinsler has career 21.5% hits as doubles (20.6% away). 50 doubles at that ratio = 233 hits.

Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible. Is it likely? Nope.

So, Kinsler is on pace to hit .300 and have 217 hits also. Which were part of what he need to do to hit 50 doubles. But then again, he had 17 doubles through May in 2012 and only ended with 42 doubles.

Victor Martinez is on pace for 41 Home Runs. Prior to this year, I would have maintained that it was unlikely for him to hit that many. I guess I would be "wrong" there as well.

Rick Porcello is on pace for 26 Wins.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Historically, Ian Kinsler's best months are April/May. So whenever I see "Ian Kinsler on pace to..." I take it with the smallest grain of salt.

I had heard that IK worked out real hard in the off season to shred some pounds... Not sure I that is true or not... Hopefully he will blast his lifetime Comerica park stats this year.

Last edited:
Kinsler is my Tiger. I wear his Jersey proudly. I just hope he retires a Tiger and when he goes into the Hall of Fame it is as a Tiger.

I had heard that IK worked out real hard in the off season to shred some pounds... Not sure I that is true or not... Hopefully he will blast his lifetime Comerica park stats this year.

The Comerica park stats that Rebbiv kept harping on were just a sample size.

Kinsler is a professional hitter. Elite top notch players such as Kinsler can hit HR's or hit for Avg.

Now that IK doesn't have that cokehead Ron Washington begging him to be a dead pull hitter anymore.

Kinsler can now go back to doing what he does best. That is hitting at the top of the order, getting on base and scoring runs for Miggy and Victor to knock in. Like a true lead off hitter should.

I doubt he'll actually hit 60 doubles or notch 200 hits, but he might end up alright this year. He really needs to bump up the walks, though that needs to be said for nearly the entire team.

His BABIP is .328 which is not too much above average, but its 44 points above his career babip of .284. His LD rate just about at his career rate (0.3% under), his FB rate is down, and his GB rate is up. That could be helping as ground balls turn into hits more often than fly balls do, so he might end up above his career BA, but his overall numbers might not be much better than his career if he doesnt decide to start walking again. Case in point: his career slash line is .275/.349/.454/.804 and even with his current .316 BA, his slash line is nearly identical otherwise at .316/.345/.460/.805 because his walk rate is down by more than half. If he can retain at least 25 points of that BA bump (.300) for the year while increasing his walks closer to his career rate, he could actually be a really good asset. The big question though is will he.

(not that an .805 OPS isnt an asset with the defense he's been playing, but if that basically empty BA takes a dive, so does his value.)

Last edited:
I doubt he'll actually hit 60 doubles or notch 200 hits, but he might end up alright this year. He really needs to bump up the walks, though that needs to be said for nearly the entire team.

His BABIP is .328 which is not too much above average, but its 44 points above his career babip of .284. His LD rate just about at his career rate (0.3% under), his FB rate is down, and his GB rate is up. That could be helping as ground balls turn into hits more often than fly balls do, so he might end up above his career BA, but his overall numbers might not be much better than his career if he doesnt decide to start walking again. Case in point: his career slash line is .275/.349/.454/.804 and even with his current .316 BA, his slash line is nearly identical otherwise at .316/.345/.460/.805 because his walk rate is down by more than half. If he can retain at least 25 points of that BA bump (.300) for the year while increasing his walks closer to his career rate, he could actually be a really good asset. The big question though is will he.

(not that an .805 OPS isnt an asset with the defense he's been playing, but if that basically empty BA takes a dive, so does his value.)

Ausmus has his hitters super aggressive at the plate. I doubt the walk rate will go up. But it would be nice if it did

Last edited:
How pissed off is this guy that Kinsler has been really good for the Tigers and Fielder has been an absolute joke for the Rangers.

Of course I am not surprised by it, I expected it.

The Comerica park stats that Rebbiv kept harping on were just a sample size.

Kinsler is a professional hitter. Elite top notch players such as Kinsler can hit HR's or hit for Avg.

Now that IK doesn't have that cokehead Ron Washington begging him to be a dead pull hitter anymore.

Kinsler can now go back to doing what he does best. That is hitting at the top of the order, getting on base and scoring runs for Miggy and Victor to knock in. Like a true lead off hitter should.

"elite top notch players" don't have walk rates under 4%.

Back