Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats J.D. Martinez!

However his career unfolds he'll always have the memory of potw award..

Whoever had JD as the first Tiger weekly award winner this season please collect your money from the board treasurer.

Wow, I would have thought for sure Vmart would have gotten one in May.

Congrats J.D.

this years tuisassisopo, ride it while it's hot

I like this kid,swings a nice bat.... But so did what's his name.

He has ungodly splits versus RHP which cannot be maintained or explained by simply stating new approach.

I'd certainly expect his splits vs RHP to come down. But on the other hand his splits vs LHP will surely come up. They are horrible right now.

I'd certainly expect his splits vs RHP to come down. But on the other hand his splits vs LHP will surely come up. They are horrible right now.

Exactly, it makes no sense and having a 17.4 PA/BB rate does not suggest he can maintain.

L

Exactly, it makes no sense and having a 17.4 PA/BB rate does not suggest he can maintain.

L

Since he revamped his swing he's hit during winter ball, in Toledo and now up with Detroit. That's saying something. He definitely won't keep this pace up, but it's not crazy to think he can keep hitting at a productive level.

The funny thing is that Detroit thought so much of him that they tried to trade for him after winter ball and couldn't work out a deal with Houston. Then got him for nothing after he was released during spring training.

I never said he couldn't be productive. Just that his current rate is unsustainable.

He was always a little more patient than this.. however, he hasn't ever clicked this well in the majors, so maybe he's just swinging away while he's hot. Over a full season, I'd expect his OBP to be at least .60 higher than his avg. He's an improvement over Hunter in the walks area already.. in fact, he's an improvement over Hunter all together.

He was always a little more patient than this.. however, he hasn't ever clicked this well in the majors, so maybe he's just swinging away while he's hot. Over a full season, I'd expect his OBP to be at least .60 higher than his avg. He's an improvement over Hunter in the walks area already.. in fact, he's an improvement over Hunter all together.

His OBP will only be about 45 points under normal circumstances at best.

He has ungodly splits versus RHP which cannot be maintained or explained by simply stating new approach.
He changed everything, he looks totally different at the plate. it's working. I don't expect it to last, just saying it's made a difference. There are no stats for that rebbiv.

He changed everything, he looks totally different at the plate. it's working. I don't expect it to last, just saying it's made a difference. There are no stats for that rebbiv.

Oh shit....

BTW I called JD Martinez being a great addition when i heqard we signed him , long before you goofball even knew who he was ...OWNED

Nothing screams "I'm a 14 year old tool with anger issues" more than typing OWNED on the internet. Well, maybe PWNED, but you know....six of one...

Was looking at the chances of him possibly winning a batting title this year...but it's not looking good.

In order to be "qualified" he needs at least 3.1 PA per all of the team's games (so 502.2+ PA in a season).

The Tigers have played 90 games, in order to be qualified a Tiger player would need at least 279 PA

In the 54 games, JD has had 201 PA, or 3.72 PA per game.

With 72 games left, JD would need 302 PA to reach qualified status. This comes out to 4.19 PA per game.

The good news...in the last 30 days, JD has had 121 PA in 28 games (4.32 PA per game).

Last edited:
Was looking at the chances of him possibly winning a batting title this year...but it's not looking good.

In order to be "qualified" he needs at least 3.1 PA per all of the team's games (so 502.2+ PA in a season).

The Tigers have played 90 games, in order to be qualified a Tiger player would need at least 279 PA

In the 54 games, JD has had 201 PA, or 3.72 PA per game.

With 72 games left, JD would need 302 PA to reach qualified status. This comes out to 4.19 PA per game.

The good news...in the last 30 days, JD has had 121 PA in 28 games (4.32 PA per game).

If he continues to hit like this he will be in the lineup almost every day.

Back