Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ian Kinsler All-Star 2014

From a Tig's fan in DFW, CONGRATS! Thank you for a great first half, you deserved this and keep it up! Thank you for coming into Detroit in shape and motivated. Frankly, I'm surprised... I watched you from DFW for your whole career and was never a fan, basically because I'm a Tiger fan and wasn't really invested. I've noticed that your "attitude" has really had a impact on this team. You've always been a "gammer" but I noticed how much slimmer you are this year and the results are pretty evident. You really seem to have the "chip" on your shoulder from this trade... Keep it, please!

BTW, Prince was in the clubhouse yesterday at Rangers ballpark, local sports talk got an interview. He doesn't seem too concerned with his injury... He has done very little if any rehab at this juncture, he is just more concerned with getting healthy and ready for spring training. When asked about the chance of coming back this year, he said that he's not concerned with that, just getting healthy. BTW, he didn't think that this neck injury had anything to do with is poor performance in the playoffs last year or the beginning of this year. Boy, the Rangers have a lot to look forward to, huh?

Bottom line... We got a HELL of a deal if the early "returns" become the standard...

Good thing they didn't check his 3 year away stats!

Considering they have nothing to do with this year.

He has had a remarkable first half. Why can't we leave it at that?

Last edited:

You have made many posters voluntarily eat crow on this board. Until you voluntarily post" I eat crow on Ian Kinsler" these kind of posts will keep firing at you like Shiite's with rocket launchers

It's been long over due. It's time Reb. I voluntarily ate crow on the Robbie Ray , Ian Crow and Lombo for Fister trade.

I was just as frustrated to see Fister go as everyone else but figured there had to be something there for DD to pull that trade off. After seeing Krol get dismantled by the Rangers I volutarily posted "I eat crow" it's in the Fister tread and you have thrown the Lombo stuff in my face after I posted I eat crow.

I always thought common board etiquette was that if you posted you ate crow it was supposed to be the most humiliating thing a poster could do to ones self.

Also that the poster has admitted defeat on a subject and just wants to move on. I eat crow = Mercy.

hu?mil?i?at?ing [hyoo-mil-ee-ey-ting

adjective
lowering the pride, self-respect, or dignity of a person; mortifying: Such a humiliating defeat was good for his overblown ego.

mer?cy [mur-see] Show IPA

noun, plural mer?cies for 4, 5.

compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence: Have mercy on the poor sinner.

the disposition to be compassionate or forbearing: an adversary wholly without mercy

Eating crow is an American colloquial idiom,[1] meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position.[2] Crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proved wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow.[2] The exact origin of the idiom is unknown, but it probably began with an American story published around 1850 about a slow-witted New York farmer.[3] Eating crow is of a family of idioms having to do with eating and being proved incorrect, such as to "eat dirt" and to "eat your hat" (or shoe),

rocket-launcher_1936004c.jpg

Last edited:

just poking fun....I actually love how informative your posts are. Anyways, we officially lost the trade last week when fielder posed naked for SI. Nothing kinsler can do now will ever top that.....

You think I should eat crow after only 1/2 of a season? Good luck with that.

I am glad Kinsler is doing well. Still, there are some concerns on his walk rate.

I am glad Kinsler is doing well. Still, there are some concerns on his walk rate.

It's the same guy who decided Joe Nathan was suddenly the best closer in baseball after 3 IP without allowing an ER or a BS.

pretty simple,

it is because your arrogance makes you a prime candidate for the ribbing you have been receiving.

you have been completely and utterly humiliated on this subject.

Kinsler = Infante.

lol.

So you still think they'd have been better with a bag of balls?

Placido Polanco averaged 36 walks per season (162 Games)663 plate appearances.

He was so popular on these boards its sacrilege to use his name in any kind of a negative way.

Who cares about Kinslers walk rate. I sure the hell don't want him walking when there are runners in scoring position.

You really want him to take more walks when he has a spray chart like this? OMG!!!!

http://www.fangraphs.com/spraycharts.aspx?playerid=6195&position=2B&type=battedball

He has been hitting 1st and 2nd in the line up the whole year and has 50 RBI in 88 games? You really want to take the stick out of his hands? His bat is a weapon

Last edited:
Here we go again !!!!!!!

Attachments

• 82703-004-1B6C3F76.jpg
    82703-004-1B6C3F76.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 13
What is with these stat geeks and their obssession with walks. Walks > Hits it appears with the way these guys overvalue players with a decent walk rate.

What is with these stat geeks and their obssession with walks. Walks > Hits it appears with the way these guys overvalue players with a decent walk rate.

I think walk rate is important because it's another tool in a batter's arsenal to reach base. Now if the guy is already getting on base at a high clip, then that's one thing. However all players go into hitting slumps so it's nice to have that ability to draw a walk in your back pocket.

Not the end all be all, but it helps for sure.

I think walk rate is important because it's another tool in a batter's arsenal to reach base. Now if the guy is already getting on base at a high clip, then that's one thing. However all players go into hitting slumps so it's nice to have that ability to draw a walk in your back pocket.

but what he replaced has to be taken into consideration. Last year we had ajax at the top of the order whiffing at every pitch. Having a guy be on base for Cabrera/Vmart has been huge this year. Infante wasn't being used at the top of the order much if I recall correctly. Which I always thought was odd cause he was one of the more professional hitters on our team.

Pretty much it. If you can't get a hit for a few days the opportunity to draw a walk is nice.

It just helps..

Last edited:

Kinsler can take a walk when he needs to. He knows the right time and the situation. His baseball instincts are some of the best I have seen on the team this year.

He is right up there with Miggy and Victor.

Back