Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ian Kinsler All-Star 2014

Adam Dunn says hi.

That turd has been in a slump the last 3 years

Just another opportunity to get on base..just think if Dunn couldn't draw a walk?

Edit: You actually just proved my point.

Last edited:
Walks can be great, but if they come at the cost of an extremely high strikeout rate are they really that valuable?

I just don't get why guys with a decent walk rate/low avg players seem to get so overvalued by stat guys, yet scoff at the players that hit for high avg but don't walk alot.

i'd rather have a guy in the batters box looking to get hits then an overpatient guy that just waits for the perfect pitch, since you can leave the zone, still put the ball in play and get better results than a BB.

Walks can be great, but if they come at the cost of an extremely high strikeout rate are they really that valuable?

That's the point..they can be great. Nothing more nothing less. Would you want a high k rate with or without a high walk rate?

I just don't get why guys with a decent walk rate/low avg players seem to get so overvalued by stat guys, yet scoff at the players that hit for high avg but don't walk alot.

i'd rather have a guy in the batters box looking to get hits then an overpatient guy that just waits for the perfect pitch, since you can leave the zone, still put the ball in play and get better results than a BB.

My point is I rather have them than not have then..whether someone bats .220 or .320.

Just another opportunity to get on base..just think if Dunn couldn't draw a walk?

Edit: You actually just proved my point.

Go back to the Lions board your in over your head.

Chicago has been trying to give that head case Adam Dunn away for the last 3 years with no takers.

I thank god everyday we got Victor Martinez as a free agent rather than Dunn. Both were free agents at the same time in the same off season.

Dunn would have single handedly taken away any shot we woulda had of resigning Anibal "The Beast" Sanchez.

Dombrowski once again waves his magic wand and makes the right move and avoids signing that hand grenade Adam Dunn

There was a ton of debate about signing Dunn on the ESPN boards when they were still up. Sorry man you walked right into that one.

This pretty much settles this argument. Victor only walks 50 times times a year.

Who would you rather have Martinez or Dunn?

Even with Victor missing an entire year due to knee surgery his contract walks circles around Dunns

Last edited:
Adam Dunn says hi.

That turd has been in a slump the last 3 years

That "turd" get on base way more than your hero Kinsler does. And trails him in OPS by a whopping .06

That 3 year slump has Dunn's OPS at .800, .762, .807

That "turd" get on base way more than your hero Kinsler does. And trails him in OPS by a whopping .06

LOL!!!!

I can't believe what I am reading!!! Your a complete imbecile.

im?be?cile [im-buh-sil, -suhl or, esp. British, -seel] Show IPA

noun

Informal. a dunce; blockhead; dolt: Don't stand there like an imbecile. Open the door!.

Psychology . a person of the second order in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.

adjective

Informal. stupid; silly; absurd.

Usually Offensive. showing mental feebleness or incapacity

Last edited:

Short answer, yes.

A strikeout is just an out in 99% of circumstances.

But if someone can draw walks even while striking out a lot, and still get on base well they will still be successful.

As much as people complain about Avila, only 4 guys on the team do a better job of getting on base than he does, Miggy, the 2 Martinez's, and Suarez.

While it would be nice for him not to miss so many pitches, and maybe hit for a little more power and average, he is getting the job done no matter hard people deny it.

LOL!!!!

I can't believe what I am reading!!! Your a complete imbecile.

im?be?cile [im-buh-sil, -suhl or, esp. British, -seel] Show IPA

noun

Informal. a dunce; blockhead; dolt: Don't stand there like an imbecile. Open the door!.

Psychology . a person of the second order in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.

adjective

Informal. stupid; silly; absurd.

Usually Offensive. showing mental feebleness or incapacity

You are just proving you have absolutely no baseball knowledge whatsoever other than fan/hero worship.

EDIT: Also once again you call someone a name while failing basic grammar. :hehe:

Last edited:

Did you really just compare a 2B and a 1B/DH's offensive numbers?

Short answer, yes.

A strikeout is just an out in 99% of circumstances.

But if someone can draw walks even while striking out a lot, and still get on base well they will still be successful.

As much as people complain about Avila, only 4 guys on the team do a better job of getting on base than he does, Miggy, the 2 Martinez's, and Suarez.

While it would be nice for him not to miss so many pitches, and maybe hit for a little more power and average, he is getting the job done no matter hard people deny it.

Unless you strike out 222 times in a season. That means you are not moving the runner over or getting sacrifice flys with your outs 222 times in 1 season?

Go back to the Lions board your in over your head.

Chicago has been trying to give that head case Adam Dunn away for the last 3 years with no takers.

I thank god everyday we got Victor Martinez as a free agent rather than Dunn. Both were free agents at the same time in the same off season.

Dunn would have single handedly taken away any shot we woulda had of resigning Anibal "The Beast" Sanchez.

Dombrowski once again waves his magic wand and makes the right move and avoids signing that hand grenade Adam Dunn

There was a ton of debate about signing Dunn on the ESPN boards when they were still up. Sorry man you walked right into that one.

This pretty much settles this argument. Victor only walks 50 times times a year.

Who would you rather have Martinez or Dunn?

Even with Victor missing an entire year due to knee surgery his contract walks circles around Dunns

Not here to get into an argument but you missed the point completely. It's not about one player over another or if Dunn is a slug or not. Just rather have walks than not have then..everything being equal I rather have walks than not..why can't you understand that?

Just random numbers, but what would you guys rather have from a player...90 hits and 10 walks or 50 hits and 60 walks? Same number of plate app's.

You are just proving you have absolutely no baseball knowledge whatsoever other than fan/hero worship.

I love my team because I have been with them my whole life. If the team is good or bad it is my way of life.

Kinsler was taking way to many shots in the off season for no reason. I just don't understand it. I look at anyone still nit picking flaws as a BIG FUCK YOU to each and every one of us die hard fans.

Rebbiv and yourself both come across as 2 arrogant flakes that think your both way smarter than the rest of us here.
Newsflash your not. The Tigers boards are loaded with many intelligent baseball people. Other teams fans from the espn boards used to come to the Tigers board for baseball knowledge.

When one talks smack about Kinsler being on a short list of players that the Tigers should not have gotten has it written in a post, then tries to deny he has said anything bad about the player. That really pisses a lot of us off.

Newsflash your not. The Tigers boards are loaded with many intelligent baseball people. Many just by watching and knowing what they see. Others have played the game at a high level. Even more through Fantasy baseball, and last but not least many of us have access to the websites like Fangraphs, Razzball, Rotowire ect there is some powerfull stuff in there. But there is no real need to post so much negative stuff in there against our own team if it is uncalled for.

While I can give Rebbiv credit for being very good with numbers. He uses his special ability in a bad way at times. There is absolutly nothing wrong with calling him out on it.

You on the other hand are just his shadow, a buffoon, a parrot on his shoulder, with very little of your own thoughts. You just back him up, except on Kinsler till now. Which I think is a silly time to jump in. Which gives even more fuel to why you are inept.

in?ept adjective \i-ˈnept\

: lacking skill or ability

: showing a lack of skill or ability : not done well

Full Definition of INEPT

1 lacking in fitness or aptitude : unfit <inept at sports>

2 lacking sense or reason : foolish

3 not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree <an inept metaphor>

4 generally incompetent : bungling <inept leadership>

I love my team because I have been with them my whole life. If the team is good or bad it is my way of life.

Kinsler was taking way to many shots in the off season for no reason. I just don't understand it. I look at anyone still nit picking flaws as a BIG FUCK YOU to each and every one of us die hard fans.

Rebbiv and yourself both come across as 2 arrogant flakes that think your both way smarter than the rest of us here.
Newsflash your not. The Tigers boards are loaded with many intelligent baseball people. Other teams fans from the espn boards used to come to the Tigers board for baseball knowledge.

When one talks smack about Kinsler being on a short list of players that the Tigers should not have gotten has it written in a post, then tries to deny he has said anything bad about the player. That really pisses a lot of us off.

Newsflash your not. The Tigers boards are loaded with many intelligent baseball people. Many just by watching and knowing what they see. Others have played the game at a high level. Even more through Fantasy baseball, and last but not least many of us have access to the websites like Fangraphs, Razzball, Rotowire ect there is some powerfull stuff in there. But there is no real need to post so much negative stuff in there against our own team if it is uncalled for.

While I can give Rebbiv credit for being very good with numbers. He uses his special ability in a bad way at times. There is absolutly nothing wrong with calling him out on it.

You on the other hand are just his shadow, a buffoon, a parrot on his shoulder, with very little of your own thoughts. You just back him up, except on Kinsler till now. Which I think is a silly time to jump in. Which gives even more fuel to why you are inept.

in?ept adjective \i-ˈnept\

: lacking skill or ability

: showing a lack of skill or ability : not done well

Full Definition of INEPT

1 lacking in fitness or aptitude : unfit <inept at sports>

2 lacking sense or reason : foolish

3 not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree <an inept metaphor>

4 generally incompetent : bungling <inept leadership>

Holy shit you're a moron.

Just random numbers, but what would you guys rather have from a player...90 hits and 10 walks or 50 hits and 60 walks? Same number of plate app's.

Not that simple, depends on more data. My point was I rather have 80 hits and 40 walks than 80 hits and 10 walks. Sounds simple enough which I don't understand why I was attacked.

As I said many times, I rather have them than not..

You just described Placido Polanco with the 90 hits and 10 walks also Vlady Guererro in his prime.

I like players that walk just never understood the people that say batting Average doesn't matter. It does matter if a guy slugs the living shit out of the the ball all year with solid contact like Victor Martinez. He only takes 50 walks a year so the batting avg bumps his OBP up to where someone with 100 walks would be.

Back