Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

American League vs. National League All-Star Game Thread July 15

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Lineups: (Statistics vs. opposing starter in parentheses).
American League
1. Derek Jeter, Yankees, SS
2. Mike Trout, Angels, LF (1 for 4)
3. Robinson Cano, Mariners, 2B
4. Miguel Cabrera, Tigers, 1B (2 for 5, 1 HR)
5. Jose Bautista, Blue Jays, RF (6 for 18)
6. Nelson Cruz, Orioles, DH (1 for 3)
7. Adam Jones, Orioles, CF
8. Josh Donaldson, Athletics, 3B (1 for 3)
9. Salvador Perez, Royals, C (0 for 2)
STARTING PITCHER
RHP Felix Hernandez (11-2, 2.12 ERA)

National League
1. Andrew McCutchen, Pirates, CF (1 for 6)
2. Yasiel Puig, Dodgers, RF
3. Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies, SS
4. Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks, 1B
5. Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins, DH
6. Aramis Ramirez, Brewers, 3B
7. Chase Utley, Phillies, 2B (0 for 4)
8. Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers, C (0 for 3)
9. Carlos Gomez, Brewers, LF (1 for 9)
STARTING PITCHER
RHP Adam Wainwright (12-4, 1.83 ERA)

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24609463/2014-mlb-all-star-game-full-al-and-nl-rosters
Full Rosters here.

ALL-STAR GAME INFORMATION
Who: American League (39-43-2) vs. National League (43-39-2)
When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: Target Field in Minneapolis
TV: Live on FOX
Radio: ESPN Radio
Live stream: FOX Sports Go and MLB TV

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2014/ALS201407150.shtml
American League vs. National League All-Star Game Preview.
Baseball Reference

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?id=340715131
American League vs. National League All-Star Game Preview.
espn

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/93064/top-stats-to-know-2014-mlb-all-star-game
Top stats to know: 2014 MLB All-Star Game.
espn

GAME NOTES

-- The National League will be led by Mike Matheny, manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, and the American League will be managed by John Farrell, manager of the Boston Red Sox.

-- Miguel Cabrera, who was voted the starting first baseman, will bat cleanup for the American League. It's the third time he's been named an All-Star starter. He batted third in his other two All-Star starts.

-- Derek Jeter, who was named to his 14th All-Star Game, will bat leadoff for the American League. A standout at Kalamazoo Central, Jeter is expected to be honored at some point during the game in honor of his upcoming retirement.

-- Victor Martinez is in Minneapolis and will attend tonight's game. Martinez was selected by his peers, but backed out of the game and pulled his name from contention for Monday's Home Run Derby due to soreness in his right side.

-- Minnesota Twins legend Rod Carew will throw out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. The Canadian Anthem will be performed by the Minnesota Orchestra Brass Quintet and God Bless America will be sung by country music artist Joe Nichols.

-- Tony Award-winner Idina Menzel will sing the U.S. National Anthem and will perform the song "Forever Young" by 11-time Grammy-Award winner Bob Dylan, who is a Minnesota native, as part of the pregame ceremony.

-- The forecast in Minneapolis calls for partly to mostly sunny skies with temperatures steady near the upper 60s. There's no rain in the forecast, so I expect this game to go on, without delay, as planned.

Last edited:
Damn Twins fans boo'd Miggy!

They boo'd Cruz louder though lol.

That chick who sang the anthem had a look on her face like she was struggling to pitch a loaf.

It looks like they're wearing special edition All Star Game caps tonight. I believe this is the first time I've seen that.

It's a throwback to the old style twins hats I guess. At least thats what they said last night.

It looks like they're wearing special edition All Star Game caps tonight. I believe this is the first time I've seen that.

Oh I misunderstood the first post, yes the hats are different, white triangle front like the Twins had after moving from Washington in the 60s

LOL some guy was chanting OVER-RATED! at Jeter, then he lines a double.

Miggy says I feel F'n Great!!! Boom 3 Run Bomb!!!!
#MiggyMVPBeast

Cabrera becomes the first #Tigers player to homer in the #ASG since Lou Whitaker in 1986 vs. Doc Gooden,

Cabrera's first HR this month of July. His last homer was June 30 off fellow AS Kazmir of Oakland.

Miggy AS game MVP, just needs a WS ring to complete the trophy case.

Back