Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scott Boras on Eugenio Suarez

SouthOfMackinac

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/07/scott_boras_eugenio_suarez_ste.html#incart_river

"Frankly, the young man they brought up is doing a good job," Boras said earlier this wekk at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis. "He's a good player."

"Sometimes, there's games you lose because you're trying to filter through that," he said. "You could've got Stephen Drew and gotten an immediate replacement."

"There's no regrets," Drew told the Boston Herald last week. "It's something that, we've got to look at that (free agent compensation) rule that kind of hurt some players and myself."

The guy had a WAY too generous offer of 14.1 million on the table and refused it. He isn't worth 14.1 over 3 years let alone 1. And that offer was to come back and defend the World Series title he just won with the team.

This situation played out exactly as it should have. Boras and Drew will find out this off-season how much his client services aren't in demand.

I wanted Suarez or Perez to start the season as SS for us, so I'm glad that's where we wound up and that it's working well now. I do wish we could have avoided the whole Lombardozzi / Father Time / Mudhen Danny / Romine debacle over the first couple months though.

I'm with you on Drew. I don't think he's worth anywhere near what he's paid. He really hasn't been very good since 2010/2011 and I didn't want us to give up the money and the draft pick for a half season rental on a guy that's producing at or slightly below replacement level.

Tigers might have a dilemma @ SS with Iggy potentially returning next year. Suarez is performing well @ SS, but which one would get the starting job? Iggy could provide elite defense, but Suarez likely better on offense. Not convinced that Iggy will ever fully recover from his shin splints, they could be a chronic issue for him, unfortunately.

Tigers might have a dilemma @ SS with Iggy potentially returning next year. Suarez is performing well @ SS, but which one would get the starting job? Iggy could provide elite defense, but Suarez likely better on offense. Not convinced that Iggy will ever fully recover from his shin splints, they could be a chronic issue for him, unfortunately.

That is a good dilemma to have. IMO the solution would be to keep both on the roster with Suarez your backup infielder. We know Iggy can play 3B so if Nick needs a day off you move him over and have Suarez @ SS. Actually, every time Porcello pitches I would have Iggy at 3B, Suarez SS, Kinsler 2B and Miggy 1B. That is an excellent defensive IF.

If Suarez continues the way he has, he IS the SS of the future. Iggy can be traded and/or be the backup infielder.

If Suarez continues the way he has, he IS the SS of the future. Iggy can be traded and/or be the backup infielder.

Or maybe play 3rd in the future and move stone hands to a corner OF spot.

Last edited:
If you mean Suarez to 3B...maybe. I certainly wouldn't want Iggy's offense at 3B.

9 guys in the lineup.... what difference does it make which is the SS and which is the 3b in terms of production? The sum total will still be the same.

9 guys in the lineup.... what difference does it make which is the SS and which is the 3b in terms of production? The sum total will still be the same.

It makes a difference when it comes to needing to pinch hit and or substituting.

It makes a difference when it comes to needing to pinch hit and or substituting.

Not really in this case, since both could play either you just slide whichever one isnt subbed out to the other position.

Regardless, we all agree Boras is full of shit on Stephen ".240 hitting 14.1 million dollar forfeit your first-round draft pick to get" Drew being the difference in this season's failure or success right?

I can't stand that guy. I'll admit I root against his clients that aren't Tigers and I always get a lemon-face when a Tiger chooses him as their agent.

Regardless, we all agree Boras is full of shit on Stephen ".240 hitting 14.1 million dollar forfeit your first-round draft pick to get" Drew being the difference in this season's failure or success right?

I can't stand that guy. I'll admit I root against his clients that aren't Tigers and I always get a lemon-face when a Tiger chooses him as their agent.

I probably wouldnt be upset if he got hit by a train.

The system needs a lot of fixing.

"System" is a bit vague I suppose. What transpired with Drew and Morales was because of greed. They both turned down generous raises (gigantic in the case of Morales). Boras and his clients are fucking greedy. That's it.

Back