Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Just Got Tickets for Sunday's Game in Anaheim

tinselwolverine

...in my favorite spot in a ballpark to watch a game from; deck right above press box level; pretty close to just behind the plate.

Two tickets for sixty bucks; not too bad for those seats.

Aren't you guys excited for me?

...in my favorite spot in a ballpark to watch a game from; deck right above press box level; pretty close to just behind the plate.

959009-1000_yay.jpg

Hope your being there brings a Tigers Victory.
and if you get a chance tell aybar he Sucks.

What's wrong with Aybar?

He's one of those pesky little shits, fouling off pitches, and iirc the year that Carlos hit the homer off weaver, in that series when Verlander pitched, something happened with aybar's at bat to break up a no hitter? anyways, aybar gets on and gets to third, next ball in play he comes down third and hits JV trying to knock the ball out of his glove, exact details not 100% sure, but like I said he's a shitass imo.

Last edited:
If you see weaver, throw a rock at his head. A big one.

Last edited:
He's a one of those pesky little shits, fouling off pitches, and iirc the year that Carlos hit the homer off weaver, in that series when Verlander pitched, something happened with aybar's at bat to break up a no hitter? anyways, aybar gets on and gets to third, next ball in play he comes down third and hits JV tryong to knock the ball out of his glove, exact details not 100% sure, but like I said he's a shitass imo.

Hmm lots of guys foul off pitches, so I imagine it's this Verlander confrontation that really sets him apart. I do remember the game Carlos hit the homer off Weaver, and I know JV did have a no hitter going deep into the game.

Just looked it up. Aybar tried a bunt leading off the 8th inning with his team trailing 3-0 and JV still having a no-hitter going. Ehh kinda borderline really. On the one hand he's just trying to get on base in a game that's still close enough, but on the other yeah it's kind of bush league I guess.

Later on in the 8th inning, JV would strike out Torii Hunter with a 101 mph fastball. Ahhhh 2011 JV how I miss you :)

Hmm lots of guys foul off pitches, so I imagine it's this Verlander confrontation that really sets him apart. I do remember the game Carlos hit the homer off Weaver, and I know JV did have a no hitter going deep into the game.

Just looked it up. Aybar tried a bunt leading off the 8th inning with his team trailing 3-0 and JV still having a no-hitter going. Ehh kinda borderline really. On the one hand he's just trying to get on base in a game that's still close enough, but on the other yeah it's kind of bush league I guess.

Later on in the 8th inning, JV would strike out Torii Hunter with a 101 mph fastball. Ahhhh 2011 JV how I miss you :)

The doofus former pitcher who does the commentary for Angels broadcasts said in the aftermath that Aybar absolutely violated an unwritten rule.

Guillen and the other Tiger who smacked a home run kinda pushed it with their theatrics too.

That was an awesome game. Going into the game, it was the battle for the advantage in the Cy Young race between Verlander and Weaver.

That game has been talked about for quite some time - in fact, we're still talking about it now.

That game launched the animus rivalry Between the Tigers and the Angels, who, theretofore, had been simply been any other out of division opponents to each other.

The doofus former pitcher who does the commentary for Angels broadcasts said in the aftermath that Aybar absolutely violated an unwritten rule.

Guillen and the other Tiger who smacked a home run kinda pushed it with their theatrics too.

That was an awesome game. Going into the game, it was the battle for the advantage in the Cy Young race between Verlander and Weaver.

That game has been talked about for quite some time - in fact, we're still talking about it now.

That game launched the animus rivalry Between the Tigers and the Angels, who, theretofore, had been simply been any other out of division opponents to each other.

Maybe with Weaver I guess. I personally don't view them as any more of a rival than the Rangers or Athletics. I dislike those two teams a lot more.

I think it's more been a Trout vs. Cabrera type thing than anything that's stemmed from that game 3 years ago.

Guillen's homer in that series is my 3rd favorite Tiger homer behind Gibby off Goose and Magglio in 2006. It was perfect smack talk to the asshole Weaver.

I was at that game....I think it is the last Tiger game I went to. I remember it was hot as shit out. We had shitty seats down the LF line near the foul pole. I think Phil Coke was spraying fans near the pen with a hose.

I was at that game....I think it is the last Tiger game I went to. I remember it was hot as shit out. We had shitty seats down the LF line near the foul pole. I think Phil Coke was spraying fans near the pen with a hose.

Mark Gubiza and the other guy on the Angels broadcast team just brought up the subject of that game in the Angels broadcast, when they promo'd that Verlander is pitching Saturday.

Not that it matters much, but my fiance just got tickets to tonight's (Saturday) game. I finally get to see JV pitch live for once. So excited...

Only bad part is that I guess now I have to buy tickets for when her shitty Red Sox come out here...

Only bad part is that I guess now I have to buy tickets for when her shitty Red Sox come out here...

My condolences. She must be from Boston or Massachusetts/NewEngland?

Anyway, a win tomorrow would mean a split of four games on the road against a good team...what more can ya ask for, right?

Anyway...I'll be there...

I was in the left field stands about 20 feet away from where the Magglio home run landed.... Best $150.00 ticket ever. Swear to God Pudge made eye contact with me and fist pumped as they were running around the field.... Was probably the best day off my life and the game was only half of the reason why!

Last edited:
Anyway, a win tomorrow would mean a split of four games on the road against a good team...what more can ya ask for, right?

Anyway...I'll be there...

I was thinking that too. In a place the Tigers have had problems winning at a .500 rate, but also Tigers would have home-field advantage in any playoff series between the two because it won the season series.

Hope you figure out a safe way get on tv.

Last edited:
Back