Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 98: Tigers @ Diamondbacks, July 23rd 2014

I remember when fans of other teams would post a game-thread on the late ESPN team messageboards, and the thread would simply die when it looked like their teams would lose a game.

At least Tigers fans posted until the bitter end of losses, bitching or not. I post occasionally, but since I can't watch the games, mostly just lurk on the gameday threads.

there ya go +1 to that. die hard whiny complainers but that's only because we care and want to win really really bad. or something like that.

I will be bitching about every single fuckin' thing from behind home plate at the Big Sombrero in Anaheim on Sunday...you can count on that...

Many posters here save their posts until something bad happens. Look at last nights game thread. 5 pages for the first 7 innings....11 pages the from the 8th on.

Or until there is something to post/debate about.

Last nights game was pretty boring for the most part, plus it didn't start until almost 10pm.

I will be bitching about every single fuckin' thing from behind home plate at the Big Sombrero in Anaheim on Sunday...you can count on that...

Will you be close enough for us to hear you over the broadcast feed? That would be sweet

Will you be close enough for us to hear you over the broadcast feed? That would be sweet

Yeah, b/c you'll know that it is Tinsel by the sound of his voice. There could be other Tigers fans in the vicinity, or some Angels fans heckling Tigers players. He might need to yell out DSF a few times.

If all goes well in a game, then there's not much to discuss as far as what went wrong and how best to improve going forward. That's what leads to more post counts in losses.

If the Tigers win there's not much to say except "nice game, go tigers!"

Also, it was a day game on a wednesday, i assume a good number of people were at work (like me.)

I woke up at 9:30 pm excited to watch the third game of the series.

At least the replay will be worth watching on FSD.

If anything game threads get more action after the game. Yesterday's was a good example.

Yup... Tigers did better with me in the car listening to Dickerson and Price.... Glad to see Miggy get a homer he deserved in this series..

Yup... Tigers did better with me in the car listening to Dickerson and Price.... Glad to see Miggy get a homer he deserved in this series..

How much would it cost to have you spend the rest of the season in your car?

I could do it... But my post would be more garbled then normal as I would have to use my phone...Hopefully it is just a phase....I need my lazy boy tv with Tigers winning :)

I could do it... But my post would be more garbled then normal as I would have to use my phone...Hopefully it is just a phase....I need my lazy boy tv with Tigers winning :)

Superstitions are wonderful. At one time, I thought I could only listen to the Tigers on my MLBTV subscription from my lake cottage for them to win. Now I found it really doesn't matter and I can actually hook the phone to the TV out at the cottage and watch the game (my phone has an HDMI output).

I have been known to walk away from a game when the Tigers are down earlier. Only to come back to find them winning. It depends on mood and frustration level now. I despise listening/watching badly played baseball (doesn't matter if it is the Tigers). And I certainly cannot stand Rod Allen. So if I do watch the game, it is usually on mute or I get the audio feed from the radio.

But in all seriousness....if there was something to it....I would kick in $100 bucks to keep you in the car. Maybe even a little more. And I assume others would also. But we would need a guarantee of some sort.

Superstitions are wonderful. At one time, I thought I could only listen to the Tigers on my MLBTV subscription from my lake cottage for them to win. Now I found it really doesn't matter and I can actually hook the phone to the TV out at the cottage and watch the game (my phone has an HDMI output).

I have been known to walk away from a game when the Tigers are down earlier. Only to come back to find them winning. It depends on mood and frustration level now. I despise listening/watching badly played baseball (doesn't matter if it is the Tigers). And I certainly cannot stand Rod Allen. So if I do watch the game, it is usually on mute or I get the audio feed from the radio.

But in all seriousness....if there was something to it....I would kick in $100 bucks to keep you in the car. Maybe even a little more. And I assume others would also. But we would need a guarantee of some sort.

I will throw in a cooler with popsicles.

Back