Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 100 Tigers vs. angles July 25, 2014

mlb extra innings had the phillies - d-backs game on. just finished.
Bastardo gave up a grand slam to a right handed batter oliver perez looked shaky too.
don't want either of them.

this channel should be switching to Tigers game now. Yes, just in time to see Alice strikeout.

skaggs throws about 30 pitches this inning and the Tigers don't score?!?

Best lefty out there believe it or not according to most stats and metrics is Andrew Miller

Before the season started and they got these players that had some speed to them, I was a bit excited over it, thinking they will steal some bases. But the dumb shit base running outs have taken the enjoyment out of all that.

I saw that too. I'm not really sold on needing a lefty though. Smyly will be in the pen in the post season so I really don't see the need.

Post season Bullpen
Nathan
Soria
Chamberlain
Smyly
Hardy? Krol? Coke? New guy?
Al Al? Another lefty? New guy?

Best lefty out there believe it or not according to most stats and metrics is Andrew Miller

maybe,...he's on a good roll, but for me no thanks. I've seen too much of him 'not' being able to find the strike zone while he has been a redsock.

maybe,...he's on a good roll, but for me no thanks. I've seen too much of him 'not' being able to find the strike zone while he has been a redsock.

12 walks in 39 innings this season.

I know he gives you heartburn to think about though, hehe.

I'll watch out boys this half inning, and then nod out for awhile.

Smyly with 7 Strikeouts already!!!

Cabrera also has 243 home runs with the Tigers and is one homer away from tying Lou Whitaker for 6th in franchise history.

edit. Also it's career HR No. 381 for Miggy (tying him with Albert 'Mr. Miserable' Belle at 65th on the all-time list).

Last edited:
Well hopefully we wouldn't need any others besides those first 4.

You see the numbers game at play though. There are WAY more bodies than spots already (McCoy is ready to come back also and he didn't do anything to lose his spot when he was healthy) and they want to add another one still?

It has been fun to watch the roster unfold this year. Lots of twists.

Back