Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drew verses David

biggunsbob

So far Drew is beating David in the deal to this point..

Drew..3-1 with a 2.82 Era 29 K's and 7 BB's... 18 freaking hits in 36 innings..
in 5 starts... 1 complete game shutout...2 homers allowed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David
1-2 with a 4.41 era and 35 k's and 7 BB's 29 hits in 32 innings in 5 starts...David has a complete game for Detroit... who can for get one of his loss in which the Tiger hitters shit the bed... 3 homer runs given up..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We still have time for David to deliver... But so far DS is doing real well.....

Last edited:
Small sample size and it includes the one start where Price got shelled. Happens to even the best pitchers from time to time. I don't think anyone would ever argue that Smyly is better than Price. Maybe someday I suppose who knows?

The biggest question is, was it the right deal for the Tigers? Even though Price is better than Smyly did it make sense to do the deal? With the way the offense took a nosedive and the bullpen has struggled our weaknesses have really come to the surface since the trade. Have to wait and see how it plays out.

Same shit has happened to the Oakland As. Sometimes it's a team chemistry thing.

Small sample size and it includes the one start where Price got shelled. Happens to even the best pitchers from time to time. I don't think anyone would ever argue that Smyly is better than Price. Maybe someday I suppose who knows?

The biggest question is, was it the right deal for the Tigers? Even though Price is better than Smyly did it make sense to do the deal? With the way the offense took a nosedive and the bullpen has struggled our weaknesses have really come to the surface since the trade. Have to wait and see how it plays out.

I agree with you.... I wonder if DD made the price move out of what the A's did? Who knows but I did not expect us to blow a another big divisional lead.....

I agree with you.... I wonder if DD made the price move out of what the A's did? Who knows but I did not expect us to blow a another big divisional lead.....

Drew is prolly very focused right now on a mission to prove we make a mistake trading him, he was complete blind sided and didn't want to go, that and well...seems like all Tampa pitchers are good maybe they just have really good pitching coaches?

Basically I think DD did it because he knows Max is gone after this year. If we can resign Price to a longer contract then maybe Max being gone won't be such a bit hit...

Basically I think DD did it because he knows Max is gone after this year. If we can resign Price to a longer contract then maybe Max being gone won't be such a bit hit...

Yeah you are probably right for sure...

I doubt we would have shut him down.. Not sure though did he get hurt?

As far as I know he is not hurt. TB probably just protecting him...the Tigers wouldn't have shut him down. I trust TB to do the right thing when it comes to their pitchers!

I had been saying forever I though we would. It's been too long since he was a starter to go a whole major league season and would likely get shut down between 140 and 160 innings.

Some people insisted he would be fine, and knowing the Tigers, they probably would have kept him going. Maybe he would have been fine, who knows. But I'm glad TB was thinking about the player once, unlike Detroit who just keeps throwing guys out game after game even when it's clear they need to hit the DL. (Miggy x2, Verlander)

I had been saying forever I though we would. It's been too long since he was a starter to go a whole major league season and would likely get shut down between 140 and 160 innings.

Some people insisted he would be fine, and knowing the Tigers, they probably would have kept him going. Maybe he would have been fine, who knows. But I'm glad TB was thinking about the player once, unlike Detroit who just keeps throwing guys out game after game even when it's clear they need to hit the DL. (Miggy x2, Verlander)

Detroit's also trying to win a championship this year. I'm not saying you're wrong in that it's wise to sit players, but the Rays can afford to rest their players a lot more than the Tigers can.

That's OK. At the time of the trade, I was scoffed at when I said Price might mean maybe 1 additional win than Smyly for DET the rest of the way.

Detroit's also trying to win a championship this year. I'm not saying you're wrong in that it's wise to sit players, but the Rays can afford to rest their players a lot more than the Tigers can.

Depends. If we end up not making the postseason, or losing in the WC play-in game, then maybe we will be paying for not putting JV and Miggy on the DL last year and having them recovered more for this year.

As far as Smyly, a smart organization will not risk ruining a young arm playoff chase or not. See: Nationals shutting down Strasburg in 2012.

Seriously, are we comparing Price vs Smyly???? Why was this post ever created??? The Tigs made a great deal, a #5 and a CF who can only bat leadoff with major strikeout issues, for a legitimate #1 starter???? I make that deal every day for the rest of my life... I was shocked we got him for so cheap...

I realize that Smyly has a VERY good chance to be very good, especially with Tampa Bay and their staff (They already shut him down for the year cause they are looking towards the future with him).. They have a HISTORY of making Smyly's into Price's... But, with Max leaving after this year, Price was a very smart deal, assuming we can keep him...

If Max does leave after this year (I seriously doubt he will get offered 144 mil for six years elsewere, but you never know with the RSox and Yankees sucking soooo bad this year), then we need to lock up Price.. Great move by DD if he can complete the deal...

Bottom line, the original post is trying to "stir" us up, don't go there, be a Tig's fan... DD did us right with this trade, especially when Max is going to "F" us come the winter..

Back