Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 151 Tigers @ Twinks September 16, 2014

All these teams clinching early DD.

Why isn't your top 5 payroll team clinching yet ?

Crap we still have 4 with these clowns at home next week.. So i guess by the season mark all we can expect is a 2-2 record in the last four games..

I mean 1 mil for 7 RBI's. I think any one could swing enough to get that many with there eyes closed. The blind hog does find the acorn at times.

i mean 1 mil for 7 rbi's. I think any one could swing enough to get that many with there eyes closed. The blind hog does find the acorn at times.

lol
Mr. Meeks
from the movie/ book Cloud atlas

"i know, I know".....

Last edited:
The royals have lost 7-5 tonight

Lead still 1.5 / 3 outs from 2

11 games remain

Tough loss tonight after JD had that 3 run blast with 2 outs in the 9th...But they must put it behind them and go out and win tomorrow

Tonight might have not have been a bad time to lose. It's the law of averages. The Tigers win 4 or 5 and then lose one. The royals are not even playing .500 ball right now. Last night may have counted but it was a fluke. A Champion calibre team would have capitalized with that type of win and came back the next night with momentum. The royals lost in crushing and deflating fashion. I believe they are on the slide from here on.

Bottom line there are 11 games left and 3 are with the Royals coming up, including a game vs. Shields. Tigers still have plenty of business to handle.

Bottom line there are 11 games left and 3 are with the Royals coming up, including a game vs. Shields. Tigers still have plenty of business to handle.

And 4 more vs. the Twins! on paper that sounds like Tigers advantage but the Tigers have played .500 ball against them.

Its equally, if not more on Carrera. It was inexcusably stupid to dive there. If he doesnt, out #2 is a double play ball.

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't work that way. If that runner is on third and not scored the tying run, every event from then on unfolds differently, we can't assume all the pitches and hits would be the same. Butterfly effect, and I'm not talking the shitty movie.

It was unwise for Carrera to do what he did, nobody is going to dispute that, but our $10MM a year closer gave up a walk and 2 hits when we had a 1 run lead.

And slightly off topic, or rather just tangent to the topic, many here (not saying you Spock) often complained that Ajax would never dive for a ball, to the point of calling his defense weak because of it, I really didn't care that he didn't because this is what happens when you do. People don't realize it because while it's not flashy or an ESPN Web Gem, laying out for a ball is not smart, and that's probably why Ajax didn't do it. And why Carrera is a career minor leaguer.

Fuck Don Kelly

He was 0-4 and had a chance to drive in some runs tonight but
failed yet again to do so and is stuck on 7 rbis on the season..

How is that possible with all of the at bats he has :/

157 at bats.
7 Rbi's

Most RBIs come with RISP.

Prior to last night:

Cabrera 161 PA 75 RBI 2.15 PA/RBI (2.45 PA/RBI career)

J.D. Martinez 128 PA 52 RBI 2.46 PA/RBI (2.63 PA/RBI career)

Holaday 38 PA 15 RBI 2.53 PA/RBI (3.19 PA/RBI career)

V. Martinez 162 PA 63 RBI 2.57 PA/RBI (2.59 PA/RBI career)

Hunter 161 PA 61 RBI 2.64 PA/RBI (2.77 PA/RBI career)

Kinsler 177 PA 62 RBI 2.85 PA/RBI (3.05 PA/RBI career)

R. Davis 119 PA 38 RBI 3.11 PA/RBI (3.47 PA/RBI career)

Avila 122 PA 38 RBI 3.21 PA/RBI (3.19 PA/RBI career)

A. Jackson 97 PA 26 RBI 3.73 PA/RBI (3.63 PA/RBI career)

Suarez 66 PA 17 RBI 3.88 PA/RBI (3.88 PA/RBI career)

Romine 56 PA 9 RBI 6.22 PA/RBI (5.50 PA/RBI career)

D. Kelly 49 PA 6 RBI 8.17 PA/RBI (3.79 PA/RBI career)

Kelly had a 3.41 PA/RBI prior to this season. While not great, it was better than Austin Jackson's 3.63 rate and Jackson got to bat #5 or #6 for most of the first half of the season.

DD gets the knock for the assemblage of this team. Assmus gets the knock for misusing those players.

My think isn't that Kelly is batting #6. It is continuing to let Kinsler lead off, especially since he has not done anything in over 3 months. I think Leyland would have recognized it before now and would have changed things around.

My knock on Brad during last night's games was with the tying run at first a singles hitter up he did not at least try for the 3 run dinger...who knows if the tigers would have gotten another shot at tying or winning the game .. I believe pinch hitting for dk would have been correct

I know we have 2 of them....Yikees DD...

manage your money better...

DD money management 101

Extend your pitcher after a Cy Young and MVP season with multiple years left on his contract!

Extend your best hitter after back to back MVP seasons with multiple years left on his contract! Talk about buying high!

$56M a year for 2 players is going to force the team to have guys like Don Kelly and Andrew Romine.

Nick Castellanos is back in the lineup Wednesday night after he was a late scratch Tuesday after he fouled a ball off of his left clown shoe Monday night.

Alex Avila is missing from the starting lineup again. Bryan Holaday is back behind the plate tonight for a third straight game. Meanwhile, James McCann collects dust.

Anibal Sanchez will throw another bullpen session on off-day Thursday in KC. He'll face hitters after that, possibly Sunday.

Last edited:
Back