Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Derek Jeter moves up another list

I just can't wait until he moves along! I'm sick of hearing about him. He is a washed up player that should have retired last year!

Yes, I could see if during the game the public address announcer made the announcement of this milestone and the game was stopped for a few moments, but making anything beyond that is too much.

Last edited:
He had a good 2012 and got hurt last year and didn't want to go out that way. Can you blame him? Not many are studs in their last year in a long career. I hate hearing about him but you gotta give him his do's.

He had a good 2012 and got hurt last year and didn't want to go out that way. Can you blame him? Not many are studs in their last year in a long career. I hate hearing about him but you gotta give him his do's.

Take him out of New York (and Boston, LA) and nobody cares. He'll forever be the biggest example of a player being over-rated just because of who he plays for.

I'd have far more respect for the guy if he was not such a prima donna, I'm actually interested to see how he adjusts next year to being out of the spotlight. That is unless some idiot team goes and gives him a managers job right off the bat.

Take him out of New York (and Boston, LA) and nobody cares. He'll forever be the biggest example of a player being over-rated just because of who he plays for.

I'd have far more respect for the guy if he was not such a prima donna, I'm actually interested to see how he adjusts next year to being out of the spotlight. That is unless some idiot team goes and gives him a managers job right off the bat.

He's a prima donna because ESPN and the like make him like taht. Anyone who can get close to 3500 hits has had one hell of a career. No way you can argue that..

I think the issue is that he is/was "over exposed". Every defensive metric has him at the bottom. And yet most "normal" fans would say he was a good defensive SS.

I live in New York and amongst die-hard Yankee fans. To them, Jeter is one of the greatest of all time. They honestly think defensive metrics were created to "bash" Jeter.

Jeter should have went to Giraldi earlier and asked to dropped lower in the lineup, for the team's sake. I am guessing the Yankees make the playoffs if he had.

Last edited:
A five-time World Series champion, Jeter ended last season on the disabled list, so the only other time in his 20-year career (2,745 regular-season games) that he appeared in a game with New York already out of postseason contention was in Boston on Sept. 26, 2008.

Also....last night was the first time (and last) that he played a home game mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

A five-time World Series champion, Jeter ended last season on the disabled list, so the only other time in his 20-year career (2,745 regular-season games) that he appeared in a game with New York already out of postseason contention was in Boston on Sept. 26, 2008.

Also....last night was the first time (and last) that he played a home game mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Wow.

Could you link to the source on this?

Back