Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 139: Tigers @ Cleveland Sep 3rd

tigermud

DET

Kinsler 2b
Hunter RF
Miggy DH
Victor 1b
JD LF
Nick 3b
Suarez SS
Holaday C
Davis CF

P: JV 12-11 4.68 Splits vs Tribe
Bourn .370 (really?)
Brantley .354
Chisenhall .333
CLE

Bourn CF
J. Ramirez SS
Brantley LF
Santana 1b
Kipins 2b
Chinsenhall 3b
Gomes C
Giambi DH (what is he 55?)
Z Walters RF

P: Salazar 5-6 4.23 Splits vs Tiger Hitters
Miggy .429
Victor .375​
Not a huge sample size for anyone though
Other Game Notes

Tonight's episode of "Ausmus is a dumbass": Holaday starting instead of McCann because ??????

Tune in later for more "Ausmus is a dumbass!"

Can Collins or Moya play CF? If so, one of them should be starting instead of Davis vs RHP.

Tonight's episode of "Ausmus is a dumbass": Holaday starting instead of McCann because ??????

Tune in later for more "Ausmus is a dumbass!"

Can Collins or Moya play CF? If so, one of them should be starting instead of Davis vs RHP.

My thought would be he hasn't ever caught JV before? New catcher catching guys for the first time in the middle of pennant race unless comfortable leads prolly not ideal? Would love to see McCann come in though for most of the pen guys, i'm sure he's caught some of them, McCoy, Hardy others... ??

My thought would be he hasn't ever caught JV before? New catcher catching guys for the first time in the middle of pennant race unless comfortable leads prolly not ideal? Would love to see McCann come in though for most of the pen guys, i'm sure he's caught some of them, McCoy, Hardy others... ??

I'm sure he has caught JV in spring training at some point over the last couple of years.

Two great catches saved JV from an even worse inning. Not looking good.

What I'm thinking is we have to score 5 runs just to break even with JV on the mound these days with his 4.73 "ERA"!

Verlander is just not a good pitcher anymore. He's a thrower with average velocity and lacks the deception/break on offspeed pitches to be effective.

That whole strike ratio they yappin about is over rated that doesn't take into account strikes that were only strikes because they swung at it

Chatty bunch tonight, Salazar at only 77 pitches on pace for a complete game shutout

Holaday freaken' blows

Tigers have out hit the Indians 7-6 but trail 4-0

Back