Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 139: Tigers @ Cleveland Sep 3rd

Still time for some magic, but it's not looking good. Gotta take this series somehow someway.

Some rookie guy named jose Ramirez 3-4 taking JV to school..

Sad

Just freakin' sad

And KC goes up 2-0 in The 4th gawd damit all to hell

Last edited:
Verlander is simply a POS. no way i can take 5 more years of this garbage pitching.

Tigers doing the cha cha....good game suck game.

royals up 2 - 0 in the 5th,

Victor Martinez honored.
Designated hitter Victor Martinez has been named the American League Player of the Month for August. Martinez hit .350 (41 for 117) with five doubles, six home runs and an AL-leading 30 RBIs in August.

Martinez was also named the Tigers Player of the Month. Rick Porcello was named the Tigers Pitcher of the Month.

Well I don't have much to say about that, need to win tomorrow and take 3 of 4...it would be real nice if Texas could take one in Kansas City yet tonight but I won't hold my breath

Well I don't have much to say about that, need to win tomorrow and take 3 of 4...it would be real nice if Texas could take one in Kansas City yet tonight but I won't hold my breath

bottom of 6th inning...with KC's pen and how shitty TX is...TX has about a 1% chance of winning that game!

JV is officially my least favorite Tiger this year. He is supposed to be the ace of the staff and he is the worst starter they have this year.

Monday the Tigers exploded for 12 runs, since then we have had 17 of 18 innings where we did diddly shit offensively. And we got damn lucky JD connected yesterday too.

Monday the Tigers exploded for 12 runs, since then we have had 17 of 18 innings where we did diddly shit offensively. And we got damn lucky JD connected yesterday too.

Gotta love it.

JV gets a mostly-pass from me till next year and he's recovered from his offseson surgery and shoulder problems. Still not good, but I'm willing to wait.

Fuck the offense.

Gotta love it.

JV gets a mostly-pass from me till next year and he's recovered from his offseson surgery and shoulder problems. Still not good, but I'm willing to wait.

Fuck the offense.

you can give him a pass this year but he will more than likely be average at best next year as well. Don't forget...he wasn't great last year either. He has regressed every year since 2011. I doubt we see JV with a season below a 4.0 era and 1.3 WHIP again.

He peaked and DD extended him at that exact time. Brilliant!!!

8-4 in our last 12 with 9 of those games on the road. We're doing what we need to do.

Also, we gave up 8, 6, 6 and 7 runs in the 4 losses. Not like we're losing 2-1 games here.

I've been hearing the word 'tinkering' and all these other excuses for 2 years now. sick of it. he wasn't even that good when he was healthy last season.

Verlander is done as an elite pitcher imo, might be done as an above average starter. like tom said I would be surprised if he ever has below an ERA of 4 and strikes out 200 again.

what a shitty contract.

Last edited:
We have 6 games left with the Royals and we've done just fine against them. Team has been playing better lately just laid a big fat egg tonight. Tomorrow is a new day.

8-4 in our last 12 with 9 of those games on the road. We're doing what we need to do.

Also, we gave up 8, 6, 6 and 7 runs in the 4 losses. Not like we're losing 2-1 games here.

Yeah it's just more exciting, and interesting, and uncertain than I thought it would be-or at least I hope it would be-when I paid my cable provider the pay per view for the MLB extra innings season.

Thursday nights game;
Collins in RF with Torii out with a sore foot, Hernan Perez at SS, Holaday at C because Ausmus is a Veirdo Dumbass,
Miggy DHing again. Ausmus expects to mix and match Victor Martinez and Miguel Cabrera at 1B and DH from here forward.

Last edited:
Back