Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 141: Giants @ Detroit Sep 5th

Porcello fucking sucks. This doushe already lost is the game in the first two innings. Can't even give the team a chance to win. When he's off he is way off. Another good starter choking when we need him most while the rookies can come in and give us a better chance to win these days. Ya just knew he would come in and shit the bed against the Giants hot offense. I hate betting against the Tigers but this was an easy 100 bucks tonight even though I would prefer to lose the money and have the Tigers increase their post season chances. I can only imagine what this team would do to the 2014 Verlander if they could embarrass the MVP Verlander

'Porcello fucking sucks'.

in the same post, 'Another good starter choking'.

Its like clockwork...looks like the same hard rain that just hit my house 15-20 minutes ago.

So I don't know the forecast for Detroit... If this game gets called, don't we restart the game and this nightmare didn't happen? Please tell me this is so...

So I don't know the forecast for Detroit... If this game gets called, don't we restart the game and this nightmare didn't happen? Please tell me this is so...

I sure hope so, fingers crossed we just start this over from the top tomorrow or Sunday

Third straight Saturday double header?

Please someone who knows the rules better than me, clue us in... KC please clarify if you are out there... Then if so, let's all pray for more rain...

If they play a double header tomorrow, who would start? The Tigers are in a bad situation.

Alright here is what I got when I google'd MLB weather rules:

Games are suspended only if they are official games that are tied or the home team is trailing and has not completed its last at bat when play is stopped. An official game is one that has completed five innings. If the visiting team has completed five innings but the home team has not, and the home team is leading at the time the reason for the delay is deemed to be severe enough to halt play, the game is declared over and a win for the home team.

Today's game between Colorado and St Louis did not reach the fifth inning and was called. Nothing that took place in the game is counted in official statistics, everything is wiped out. The game will be replayed, from the beginning, at a later date, not resumed...

Alright here is what I got when I google'd MLB weather rules:

Games are suspended only if they are official games that are tied or the home team is trailing and has not completed its last at bat when play is stopped. An official game is one that has completed five innings. If the visiting team has completed five innings but the home team has not, and the home team is leading at the time the reason for the delay is deemed to be severe enough to halt play, the game is declared over and a win for the home team.

Today's game between Colorado and St Louis did not reach the fifth inning and was called. Nothing that took place in the game is counted in official statistics, everything is wiped out. The game will be replayed, from the beginning, at a later date, not resumed...

They also could wait out the rain and resume play in a couple of hours.

So I'm hearing rumors that FSD is showing the 2012 WS during the rain delay?

The way I look at it, Ricky is done for tonight, if Ryan came in we'd still be down six... I'll take Ryan tomorrow at 0-0 any day... Lately, our AA pitchers have not been the problem, our Cy's have... Justin, Max, even DP had that one bad start.. Lowenstein, Ryan regardless of their newness, stepped up. If this game is called and Ryan goes 6 with 3 runs or less, that would be a win/win...

They also could wait out the rain and resume play in a couple of hours.

They are actually limited on how late they can restart because of the 1 pm game time tomorrow.

Dickerson mentioned it on the radio, that it's far more likely for the game to be called, then to have a 2+ hour delay.

The way I look at it, Ricky is done for tonight, if Ryan came in we'd still be down six... I'll take Ryan tomorrow at 0-0 any day... Lately, our AA pitchers have not been the problem, our Cy's have... Justin, Max, even DP had that one bad start.. Lowenstein, Ryan regardless of their newness, stepped up. If this game is called and Ryan goes 6 with 3 runs or less, that would be a win/win...

The offence would still need to show up.

Steady rain falling at my house still. Lightning too. Doesn't look promising.

I just got in, the rain you guys are getting, we are supposed to get late afternoon Saturday.

Friggen royals are up 1-0 over New York in the 9th shields has only given up 2 hits through 8

Damit I wish they'd start losing more

Back