Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 142 Tigers vs. gints September 6

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers against Bumgarner)
Ian Kinsler, 2B (0-for-2, walk)
Torii Hunter, RF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (1-for-5, walk)
Victor Martinez, DH (1-for-6)
J.D. Martinez, LF (2-for-13, double, HR, 2 K?s)
Nick Castellanos, 3B
Eugenio Suarez, SS
James McCann, C -- First Major League Start
Rajai Davis, CF
P: David Price

GIANTS (career numbers off Price)
Angel Pagan, CF
Joe Panik, 2B
Buster Posey, 1B (0-for-4)
Hunter Pence, RF (2-for-8, double, HR, walk, 3 K?s)
Pablo Sandoval, DH (0-for-4, K)
Andrew Susac, C
Joaquin Arias, 3B (1-for-3, double)
Matt Duffy, SS
Gregor Blanco, LF (1-for-3, walk)
P: Madison Bumgarner

I would be hesitant to throw around big money/long contracts to 30 year old pitchers after what happened with Verlander.

Miguel Cabrera's career home run No. 385, tying him with Dwight Evans for 60th in MLB history.

Cabrera's homer is also hit 1,317th hit as a Tiger, tying him with Rudy York for 17th in franchise history.

I would be hesitant to throw around big money/long contracts to 30 year old pitchers after what happened with Verlander.

wouldn't have to worry so much about pitching if DD would have listened to me and traded for Stanton 2 years ago and picked up the Upton bros in the offseason.

wouldn't have to worry so much about pitching if DD would have listened to me and traded for Stanton 2 years ago and picked up the Upton bros in the offseason.

Every ML team wanted Stanton the past 2/3 years. The upton brothers, Justin is better than swiss cheese swing bj.
and you do need pitching, not going to win every game 10 - 9.
problem here is the bullpen, defense, injuries, and scrubs.

Last edited:

Stanton wasn't going to get traded until he gets expensive. BJ Upton? eww. he might be the worst starter in the majors.

David Price 7 starts, 45.2 IP, ER 22, ERA 4.33. So far.
Great help, O yea he hit so well and his D in center is so good. I've forgot about Jackson.

I see price sucked today. My dawn laptop is on the fritz. This team is so darn frustrating.

Price has been disappointing so far overall in a tiger uniform, gotta find away to win this one

Every ML team wanted Stanton the past 2/3 years. The upton brothers, Justin is better than swiss cheese swing bj.
and you do need pitching, not going to win every game 10 - 9.
problem here is the bullpen, defense, injuries, and scrubs.

Well that's more than a hand full. bp D injuries and the scrubs is the bench included? with the lower 1/3 scrubs of the line up.And 160+ million can't handle it.

Drew Smyly since trade: 3.52 xFIP/2.98 FIP, .178 BABIP, 1.1 WAR, 3-1

David Price since trade: 2.94 xFIP/2.62 FIP, .315 BABIP, 1.1 WAR., 2-2

Bumgarner becomes first pitcher since A's Bob Welch in '90 to not have walk or K vs. Tigers in outing of at least six innings.

Until the Dumb pen 1/3 of the line up and the bench is fixed this team is in trouble. The starters are trying too much/hard to pitch the complete game.

Some pretty horrid at bats in that inning way too much zone expansion again

Whatever.. nothing can sugar coat a 5 run game by a ace.. total crap..

Back