Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 142 Tigers vs. gints September 6

Finished? Really? 1 GB of the WC and they have 20 games to play.

4 back in the loss column means the Tigers have to go 5-1 against KC to break even, should they win and the Tigers win out. Time is running out to win the Division now with this loss!

There are THREE teams within 4 games of the wild card spot to fight off! In fact the Tigers are 2 games back in the loss column of Seattle with the Tribe and the Yank 2 more back. The Jays are still in the hunt.
This was a play off series with SFG and the Tigers are dropping the ball. Better start winning games

Last edited:
4 back in the loss column means the Tigers have to go 5-1 against KC to break even, should they win and the Tigers win out. Time is running out to win the Division now with this loss!

There are THREE teams within 3 games of the wild card spot to fight off!
This was a play off series with SFG and the Tigers are dropping the ball. Better start winning games

Absolutely but i'm not prematurely counting them out like most of the negative nancy's here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dave Price fucking sucks! This guy chokes every time he has to pitch in front of an audience. He was fine in Tampa with 8k people watching but now he melts when 40k people are cheering him on. But some people on here think he's an upgrade over Smyly because of what he did in 08'. Keep telling yourself that Wolverine while we watch the division slip away with each DP meltdown

For a 160+ M this team is really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh, the Philadelphia Phillies have a 175,996,256 payroll for 2014. 65-75 record. now THAT is 'really bad'

the Tigers are 12 games over .500 and still contending for the division title/playoff spot.

you people are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dave Price fucking sucks! This guy chokes every time he has to pitch in front of an audience. He was fine in Tampa with 8k people watching but now he melts when 40k people are cheering him on. But some people on here think he's an upgrade over Smyly because of what he did in 08'. Keep telling yourself that Wolverine while we watch the division slip away with each DP meltdown

Just so you know, NOBODY here takes your opinions seriously.

Absolutely but i'm not prematurely counting them out like most of the negative nancy's here.

O yea they can still do it and even go 6-0 against KC and win the Division. But they GOT to win series and more games than KC to do it.

uh, the Philadelphia Phillies have a 175,996,256 payroll for 2014. 65-75 record. now THAT is 'really bad'

the Tigers are 12 games over .500 and still contending for the division title/playoff spot.

you people are ridiculous.

In one of the worst Divisions in baseball and the worst in the AL.

F the wild card i'm not even paying attention to it, win the div or go the hell home

so basically you're saying, F making the playoffs and playing for a chance at a WS title.

You think St. Louis fans care that the Cardinals only won 83 games in 2006?

i want the Tigers to win the division as much as anyone but you're saying you'd rather them miss the playoffs entirely if they don't win the division?

that is sad for a supposed Tigers 'fan'.

O yea they can still do it and even go 6-0 against KC and win the Division. But they GOT to win series and more games than KC to do it.

If KC can lose today and tomorrow and tigers win tomorrow then it's back to 1 well 3 outs from .5 actualy to start big 3 game series Monday, that would be ok, if tigers go 3 back here tonight then gawd forbid 4 tomorrow then I fear it be all but over, today's loss hurts bad price didn't get it done for us all there is to it, but the offense didn't get it done for him in Tampa with that 1 hitter loss so all in all the whole team is failing, cept for victor, victor has been great all year.

Last edited:
In one of the worst Divisions in baseball and the worst in the AL.

newsflash, the National league East sucks.

it's the Nationals and a bunch of crap teams.

The AL Central is more competitive.

try again.

so basically you're saying, F making the playoffs and playing for a chance at a WS title.

You think St. Louis fans care that the Cardinals only won 83 games in 2006?

i want the Tigers to win the division as much as anyone but you're saying you'd rather them miss the playoffs entirely if they don't win the division?

that is sad for a supposed Tigers 'fan'.

I'm saying I'm not paying any attention to the wild card race and hopefully neither are the tigers, the focus should be on nothing but the div title to ensure a playoff series over a one game likely west coast trip. What I'd rather miss would be for the tigers to stop losing more than the royals are, that's what I'd like

What can I say, I was curious

dollarperwin.jpg

Green = Division leader
Blue = Wild Card
Red = Last place

Last edited:
Back