Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 145 Tigers vs. Royals September 9th, 2014

What is Jack Morris doing in the broadcast booth?

I thought he was on the Twins broadcast team...

Did they fire him?

Listening to the game on Siruis XM radio......damn if Price doesn't overuse the "art of pitching" phrase (whatever the fuck that means).

Also overused "put the buggy whip on it". Another head scratcher.

I noticed rod hasn't said baseball is a funny game much this year

Slightly OT - does anyone know when KC-Cleve will finish that suspended game?

What is Jack Morris doing in the broadcast booth?

I thought he was on the Twins broadcast team...

Did they fire him?

KC answered this for us in yesterday's thread pointing out he said something about it in the team thread, here it is found it

Jack Morris TV audition: Fox Sports Detroit announced that Jack Morris, who currently works Twins games for Fox Sports North, would be joining Mario Impemba and Rod Allen on the Tigers' broadcast for six games next week. According to the News' Tony Paul, there may be a three-man booth next season. FSD wants to add a pitcher's perspective to the TV broadcast, be it from Morris or someone else.

Stafford, megatron Reggie and other lions players in attendance tonight in the stands cool

Last edited:
2014 DET with Avila Starting 60-45 .571 WPCT

2014 DET without Avila Starting 19-20 .487 WPCT

2013+2014 DET with Avila starting 121-80 .602 WPCT

2013+2014 DET without Avila starting 51-54 .486 WPCT

Stafford, megaton Reggie and other lions players in attendance tonight in the stands cool

Dickerson and Price were drooling over Stafford and CJ, especially the 2nd TD last night.

Speaking of which, did any of you guys pull off the Detroit double-double yesterday and take in both games?

2014 DET with Avila Starting 60-45 .571 WPCT

2014 DET without Avila Starting 19-20 .487 WPCT

2013+2014 DET with Avila starting 121-80 .602 WPCT

2013+2014 DET without Avila starting 51-54 .486 WPCT

This stat is interesting. Nothing against Avila, who is certainly strong defensively and calls a good game, but how much does this really point out that our backup catchers have been shit shows?

Really poor play by Davis.... Mario and Rod keep jinxing and jinxing and jinxing Max..

Kinsler has just been lost since June.

July OPS .517
August OPS .668
So far September OPS .649

OBP's were too obscene to post.

Since June

297 PA .268 OBP .332 SLG .600 OPS 37.1 PA/BB

Before July 1st

353 PA .344 OBP .486 SLG .830 OPS 19.6 PA/BB

Last 3 years

2068 PA .341 OBP .438 SLG .779 OPS 10.4 PA/BB

How does a player have a great walk rate before coming to DET go to a completely terrible walk rate?

How does Kinsler sustain a hot first half the year while regressing in walk rate?

This stat is interesting. Nothing against Avila, who is certainly strong defensively and calls a good game, but how much does this really point out that our backup catchers have been shit shows?

I doubt the degree of falloff is that great in defense. I think it is the falloff in offense/ability to draw walks. I think Avila helps the offense even when he isn't hitting.

I doubt the degree of falloff is that great in defense. I think it is the falloff in offense/ability to draw walks. I think Avila helps the offense even when he isn't hitting.

Maybe it is more about helping the pitcher decide which pitch to throw.

Davis gets picked off 1st, play challenged call stands, Couldn't really say with 100% certainty that he didn't get him on the shoulder so I guess they didn't have any better angles to go by?

Last edited:
Back