Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17 Det @ Minny 4/22/17

Tigers win. This defense is so bad I don't even know what to say. It's just shocking that a major league team can be this bad all over the field.

A win tomorrow and somehow this team will have went 4-5 on this road trip.

Is it possible that we have the worst Bullpen, Baserunning, and Defense in all of MLB? Seems so hard to be bad at all three things at once.

Is it possible that we have the worst Bullpen, Baserunning, and Defense in all of MLB? Seems so hard to be bad at all three things at once.

We might have the worst bullpen, base running and defense in all of baseball in the last 40 years.

Who the hell is Jim Adduci, the brain trust of this team is baffling

More organizational fodder aka garbage.
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ckley-and-jake-brigham-to-minors-deals-122616
Detroit Tigers Reportedly Sign Jim Adduci, Travis Blackley and Jake Brigham to Minors Deals.
Foxsports

Jim Adducci, coming up to replace JaCoby Jones, is a career .189/.259/.242 hitter in 61 career MLB games.
Played in Korea in 2015-16.
He turns 32 next month and plays corner outfield. Not likely to be the next Eric Thames. Not even the next Marcus Thames.

Last edited:
I cannot see Crap-Rod finishing the year as the Tigers' closer.

I hope not, with an 87 mph FB and the changeup is 80ish not enough separation of speed.
I think J Wilson could handle it, but then who is the setup reliever?

Fat Daddy Rondon is the key. He needs to go to Slenderella or Nutrisystems and lose 50 pounds.

Such a f'n mess.

Mr I should have let DD blow this team up after 2015 instead of "firing" him and handing the team over to Avila.

Mr I should have let DD blow this team up after 2015 instead of "firing" him and handing the team over to Avila.

Well thankfully he managed to make a few deals before leaving. We'd REALLY be bad right now without Fulmer, Norris and Boyd.

Who knows for sure how'd the signings would've went, but a potential rotation of JV, Zim, Sanchez, Pelfrey and VerHagen/Farmer would have been fun to watch lol

Last edited:
Jones had been in an offensive slump since striking out three times against Chris Sale on April 10.
Since then, he's 3-for-28 with 17 strikeouts.

Jones, received nine stitches but his teeth were intacthas and a CT scan ruled out more serious injuries. Even so, there was little surprise when he was placed on the disabled list Saturday night.
The Tigers selected the contract of first baseman/outfielder Jim Adduci from Triple-A Toledo.

Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez went 0-for-5 on Saturday and still has does not have an extra-base hit in 69 plate appearances in 2017.
Last year, he had one extra-base hit every 12.5 plate appearances.

Justin Wilson now has pitched 8.1 scoreless and hitless innings this season.

http://m.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the dirty filthy f'n asshole twins.

ROARS:
Two massive bombs in the third inning, one from Nicholas Castellanos and the other from Justin Upton were a huge assist to the Tigers after their defensive bobbles at the bottom of the previous inning.

Justin Wilson came on in the 8th and continued his great season with a 1-2-3 inning, extending his no-hit streak.

HISSES:
The painful hit-by-pitch from Justin Haley, who hit JaCoby Jones in the face was brutal to watch, and also further cripples the Tigers lineup, as Jones will certainly join Miguel Cabrera on the disabled list.

Boyd continued to struggle to find the command he showed in spring training, giving up three walks early in the game. He maintained a good pace through the game but was denied a decision on his start after his ejection in the fifth inning.

Francisco Rodriguez gave up a ninth inning home run to Jason Castro, Castro?s third off Rodriguez in his career. This is a continuation of a song-and-dance Tigers fans have been seeing from the floundering closer for several games now.

STREAKS AND INFO:
Most importantly, the Tigers four-game losing streak ended today.

Nicholas Castellanos was the go-ahead guy each time the Tigers fell behind the Twins. His third inning home run and sixth inning RBI double both put the Tigers back in the lead in their respective innings.

Hicks, Upton, and Castellanos all had a multi-hit game today.

Victor Martinez continues to search for his first extra base hit of the season, in an unusually tepid start to his year.

With the loss of Jones, the Tigers are now without JaCoby Jones (day-to-day, hit by pitch), Miguel Cabrera (10-day DL, groin), J.D. Martinez (10-day DL, Lisfranc strain), Jose Iglesias (7-day DL, concussion).
Needless to say the Tigers are looking forward to having their lineup back in full health.

I think a fine for Boyd and a suspension + fine for Sano are appropriate.

Last edited:
Back