Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16 Tigers vs. Twins April 21, 2017

The division is so weak though that they have a chance to stay in the wild card hunt throughout I think. Miggys health is really concerning though. I'm pretty down on vmart too, his numbers weren't bad last year but it's just a feeling of mine.

Cleveland will run away with it in the end. I'm concerned as well, I don't think vmart has anything left, he doesn't look the same at all, no fire in his eyes anymore

Last edited:
Just such horse shit . The whole inning is totally different if he calls that pitch a ball.

Fuck you ump.

That whole 9th inning is totally different if that jack ass umpire walks McCann like he should have.

Justin Verlander walked six batters for the first time in more than a decade.
He walked the first three batters in the sixth inning to load the bases.
Verlander went to nine three-ball counts.

JaCoby Jones struck out twice on Friday and is now 3-for-27 with 16 strikeouts since April 10.

Andrew Romine is 1 for 25 since his grandslam April 12th.

McCann's homerun was his sixth hit of the season and fourth home run.
Last 10 games in Minneapolis, McCann hit .417 with a .833 slugging percentage and 1.281 OPS.

ROARS:
James McCann: Hit a solo shot in the sixth to stake the Tigers to a 3-0 lead.

Miguel Cabrera's bat: Went 3-3 and scored a run.

HISSES:
Justin Verlander: Hurts to give JV a hiss, but seriously, when you walk six guys, I mean, c'mon.

Miguel Cabrera's groin: Strained it. Probably tweaked it during a routine play receiving a Nicholas Castellanos throw. Groins are funny things sometimes.

STATS AND INFO:
Justin Verlander walked six batters, which is one off his career high.

Anibal Sanchez's ERA dipped below 10.00 tonight. Progress!

JaCoby Jones' troubles continue, as he struck out twice. His average now sits at .154. Could it be time for a little break?

I didn't get a chance to watch this game but it sounds like it sucked! I read through the thread after the 3-0 lead. Seems same dolts continue to place blame on Brad, specifically, how he handles the BP. This just in...the BP SUCKS! He was dealt a poker hand of 2,4,5,8,J and you expect good results???

All the great pitchers have a bad game now and then, Bunning, Lary, Lolich, McLain, Morris, etc.

My beef is once again Bird Brain ausmus said one thing and does another. He said when Jimenez came up he would break him in with an easy inning, no stress inning, meaning start an inning with out any added pressure, runners on base late and close game. So what does he do, brings Jimenez in with runners on base in a tight game. He could have brought in another reliever in that situation. Ausmus doesn't have to stick with the same reliever for 'any' inning.

4 years with this clown for a manager.

They just brought hardy up to help with all the lefties in the twins lineup two lefties in the pen brings in Ryan for 2 pitches there was another lefty in the hole.

I think tom just likes to argue no matter what the postion, lol...which is fine

Last edited:
Back