Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rome trip

Harbaugh tweet yesterday

If I never do another thing, I'll go out a blessed man. Seeing Baby John Paul Baptized & Addie's 1st communion @SPC_VA will be the ultimate!

And another just now
@Pontifex @JNRCRome @SOSCVSA @OfficialASRoma #colosseum #opera - Heard "Rome wasn't built in a day" You know! Much respect! @UMichFootball

@spc_va is Vatican communications

@pontifex is the pope

Other 2 refer to refugee Orgs

Also read this

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/addio-michigans-football-team-heads-italy

Last edited:
The Pope stuff is pretty cool for the believers. I'm more Buddhist. I'm sure you all could tell by my constant even kiel during basketball season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am not catholic but I would love to go to the vatican and I really like this pope I think it would be cool to be in his presence. I would rather meet the pope than this president.

The letter Makki wrote to Coach Harbaugh about being Muslim and the pope being his hero was really impressive. The world could learn something from him.

The Pope stuff is pretty cool for the believers. I'm more Buddhist. I'm sure you all could tell by my constant even kiel during basketball season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

did you misspell "K E E L" or is that a Gunner Kiel joke I'm missing?

he's from Indiana like you, right?

Harbaugh tweeted he's never been prouder of his 1/4 Italian heritage. A lot of people don't know his mom is 1/2 Italian. Actually she's half Sicilian (many, if not most "Italian Americans" actually came from Sicily). Harbaugh's mom is actually half-Sicilian half-Polish, like me (a superior genetic mix).

Honest question for you guys and I pose it over here rather than the locust swarm at goblog...

Is the luster starting to wear off a bit with this guy? I'm not including the Rome trip in this because I do think that's cool. But all of the other side stories were kinda interesting at first but at this point, it's time to win the Big Ten and beat OSU. And if he fails to do both next season, these stories will be falling even more on deaf ears. Switching to lululemon all that stuff, it's a bit expired.

And let me be clear, I'm not talking about him as a football coach in terms of Xs and Os. I'm just talking about that overall unbreakable aura.

Last edited:
No.

He is a great coach and a great person.

you look at the bad breaks it's taken to miss playing for a Big Ten title and national championship: last second muffed punt against MSU & awful refs blowing calls in Columbus... neither were his fault. his teams were in position to win each game.

he's prepared his teams well, hired great assistants, minimized off-field issues, & avoided any scandals or "two day stories" as they call it in our AD. he's 20-6... one of the best coaching percentages in Michigan history, and he did this without "needing time to get his guys in there."

after the shit we've suffered through from 2008-2014, I'll say this: any Michigan fan who complains about Jim Harbaugh is an idiot who deserves to die.

The Vicar of Christ does have a special and vital role in the world. It's ultimately to convert the entire world to the Catholic faith. Keep that in mind as you laud this or any other pope.

The Vicar of Christ does have a special and vital role in the world. It's ultimately to convert the entire world to the Catholic faith. Keep that in mind as you laud this or any other pope.

they haven't been doing such a great job, at least here in the states:

GSS-Nones1-600x381.png

they haven't been doing such a great job, at least here in the states:

It's not a sales pitch; it's the Truth, and people have the free will to accept or reject it. Or ignore it or make up their own version it. None of that changes it, though.

Trust me, I never even suggested he's a bad coach or that he needs to be fired. Mine is more to the point that some of these outside stories are starting to wear on me and will be even harder to stomach if there's not some type of championship or big win next season (OSU).

Trust me, I never even suggested he's a bad coach or that he needs to be fired. Mine is more to the point that some of these outside stories are starting to wear on me and will be even harder to stomach if there's not some type of championship or big win next season (OSU).

Did you ever see Harbaugh's account of "what kind of team are we going to have this year" question he addressed to Jerry Hanlon and what Hanlon's response was?

Honest question for you guys and I pose it over here rather than the locust swarm at goblog...

Is the luster starting to wear off a bit with this guy? I'm not including the Rome trip in this because I do think that's cool. But all of the other side stories were kinda interesting at first but at this point, it's time to win the Big Ten and beat OSU. And if he fails to do both next season, these stories will be falling even more on deaf ears. Switching to lululemon all that stuff, it's a bit expired.

And let me be clear, I'm not talking about him as a football coach in terms of Xs and Os. I'm just talking about that overall unbreakable aura.

I think you're insane...no

Back