Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Training games

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/03/daniel_stumpf_waivers.html#incart_river_index
Tigers lefty Daniel Stumpf confirms he's on waivers, could elect free agency.
Mlive

Assuming he goes unclaimed, Stumpf has the right to elect free agency, because this is his second time as a Rule 5 pick. Normally, a Rule 5 pick who doesn't make the club is simply returned to his old team.

With Stumpf on waivers, Steven Moya reportedly on waivers and Mike Pelfrey released on Thursday, the Tigers are down to 26 players.
When J.D. Martinez is placed on the disabled list, that number will drop to 25. Barring a late trade or signing, the roster appears to be set.

So the pen shouldn't be a total disaster now right?

Lowe and Pelfrey both gone two of the weakest links from last year. Still can't be sure what we'll get from Sanchez but he has looked pretty damn good since the adjustment.

If I recall Frankie didn't get off to a great start last year and he really hasn't been that impressive this spring either. That might be my biggest worry right now going into the start of the season for the pen.. the closer spot..

Last edited:
Zimmerman knocked around tonight

He is the weakest starter link

Last edited:
I know many of you do not think Spring Training games do not mean anything. So explain to me when Lowe was cut he had a better ERA than SEVEN of the pitchers that were in the running to make the staff? And when Pelfrey was cut Three and still Three had worst ERA's.

As I see the staff as of now. Look for blown save after blown save after blown save. Because none of the bp guys have given me any thing to expect a chance of saving games.

And todays game by Zimmerman, gives me insight that Sanchez will be starting sooner than later. Refer to post #107. I just saw the box score of todays game 3 innings 4 runs. Unexceptable, I do not care if it was a SP game.
One other thing about Lowe and Pelfrey. Yea I ragged on them as much as anyone. Should these SP games mean nothing, then did the Tigers mean to cut them no matter what? I think SP games do mean something. But stats show the Tigers are taking the wrong 12 pitchers north. Both A (6.10ERA)and J (5.19ERA)Wilson have pitched terrible Rondon (7.38) worst and he suppose to be Rodriguez(12.27ERA) future replacement. More help for the pen is much needed,!

BTW who was Voelker one inning 3 runs 27.00 era. Did they throw the bat boy today??? And thrilled with the one run offence today. Also does any one know what plan there on now. Cause the ones they been running out there have not been working. I think they have used A B C D E F G H I J K all ready!

I know many of you do not think Spring Training games do not mean anything. So explain to me when Lowe was cut he had a better ERA than SEVEN of the pitchers that were in the running to make the staff? And when Pelfrey was cut Three and still Three had worst ERA's.

As I see the staff as of now. Look for blown save after blown save after blown save. Because none of the bp guys have given me any thing to expect a chance of saving games.

And todays game by Zimmerman, gives me insight that Sanchez will be starting sooner than later. Refer to post #107. I just saw the box score of todays game 3 innings 4 runs. Unexceptable, I do not care if it was a SP game.
One other thing about Lowe and Pelfrey. Yea I ragged on them as much as anyone. Should these SP games mean nothing, then did the Tigers mean to cut them no matter what? I think SP games do mean something. But stats show the Tigers are taking the wrong 12 pitchers north. Both A (6.10ERA)and J (5.19ERA)Wilson have pitched terrible Rondon (7.38) worst and he suppose to be Rodriguez(12.27ERA) future replacement. More help for the pen is much needed,!

BTW who was Voelker one inning 3 runs 27.00 era. Did they throw the bat boy today??? And thrilled with the one run offence today. Also does any one know what plan there on now. Cause the ones they been running out there have not been working. I think they have used A B C D E F G H I J K all ready!

My exceptions for this season are somewhat low. I think I also heard they are planning to give Lettuce plenty of starts in Center? wuuuhhh.

Because ST means nothing and ERA in ST isn't the one and only reason to keep a guy..

My exceptions for this season are somewhat low. I think I also heard they are planning to give Lettuce plenty of starts in Center? wuuuhhh.

When have you not had "expectations somewhat low?"

There is some reason for optimism, and that is that the AL (and in particular the AL Central) is wide open. Our division is pretty terrible overall, so if we can even just somehow manage to tread water against Cleveland we should have plenty of opportunities for wins against the other teams.

Going 4-14 or whatever it was against Cleveland last year killed our chances. We have to win the divisional games plain and simple.

Back