Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OPENING DAY 2017 -- Detroit @ Chicago (Game 1)

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Tigers
Justin Verlander (R)

1. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
2. Nicholas Castellanos (R) 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B
4. Victor Martinez (S) DH
5. Justin Upton (R) LF
6. Mikie Mahtook (R) RF
7. James McCann (R) C
8. JaCoby Jones (R) CF
9. Jose Iglesias (R) SS

White Sox
Jose Quintana (L)

1. Tyler Saladino (R) 2B
2. Tim Anderson (R) SS
3. Melky Cabrera (S) LF
4. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
5. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
6. Cody Asche (L) DH
7. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
8. Omar Narvaez (L) C
9. Jacob May (S) CF

Gametime Forecast: 47?F ? Mostly Cloudy ? 12% PoP

The White Sox say that today's opener against the Tigers will not start on time. No estimate yet for an anticipated first pitch. With more rain on the way, the pregame ceremony has been scratched.

The White Sox say that today's opener against the Tigers will not start on time. No estimate yet for an anticipated first pitch. With more rain on the way, the pregame ceremony has been scratched.

They said they could have an opening in an hour, regards to the rain. Doesn't look good though.

Announcing the teams.. Just take the tarp off and let them play.

I was gone for a bit, did they play any or none at all?

Postponed and here we waited forever; off season spring training, and 2nd opening day. This is great. I was ready to go. Yea I think the Tigers could have a good/great season with Fulmer, Norris, Boyd, in the rotation. Ready to get going, in the starting blocks, ready for action. And what postponed. Another night of lets wait.

Postponed and here we waited forever; off season spring training, and 2nd opening day. This is great. I was ready to go. Yea I think the Tigers could have a good/great season with Fulmer, Norris, Boyd, in the rotation. Ready to get going, in the starting blocks, ready for action. And what postponed. Another night of lets wait.

Same. Really excited to have it happen. I might down to seeing if the Texas-Indians game is on somewhere..

Edit: On the plus side we already have a thread for it :nod:

Last edited:
Worry about a guy that much on first probably never a good idea.. Good throw by Kinsler. Tie up here..

Back