Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Red Sox @ Tigers; April 8, 2017

Good win and an important one that I mentioned off the top of the thread. Hopefully we find a way to beat one of Porcello/Sale and take this series.

I don't like this person asking the team questions. She is absolutely awful.

Andrew Benintendi of the Red Sox is the latest player to come down with flu like symptoms. Heard reports he was throwing up during the sixth inning today...man talk about bad luck to start the year.

http://m.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the redsox.

ROARS:
Bottom of the order: Jose Iglesias knocked a monster home run to left in the third inning, tying the game 1-1. He then doubled in the fifth for another run. James McCann hit his own homer in the fifth and walked in the seventh, and JaCoby Jones legged out a double to set up a run on Iglesias? second hit.

Jordan Zimmermann: Gave up just one run across six innings of work, striking out three and walking one.

HISSES:
Runners on the field: It?s a baseball game, not your chance to be a moron. Go away.

Top of the order: In contrast with the bottom of the order, Ian Kinsler, Nick Castellanos, and Miguel Cabrera were near-silent at the plate.
Kinsler had an RBI single in the fifth but got thrown out trying to advance to second.
Cabrera had one walk and struck out twice.
The three were a combined 1-for-11 with a walk.

STREAKS AND INFO:
Jose Iglesias? home run went an estimated 433 feet, according to Statcast. That?s the farthest he?s hit a homer in his career. The next-best distance were two 409-footers on June 28 and July 25, 2016, against the Marlins and Red Sox, respectively.

Ian Kinsler?s RBI single in the fifth marked the 1,700th hit of his major league career.

Bottom of the order: McCann, Jones, and Iglesias were 4-for-7 with two walks on the day and all extra-base hits.

Cabrera is now 0-for-12 to start the year, further expounding on the below tweet from Mowery.

View image on Twitter.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C86fVPFWAAEm0Rs.jpg
Miguel Cabrera had never gone more than 5 PA into a season without a hit. Invariably, each time, ended it with a HR.

I m ecstatic the team is 3-1. But I am concerned somewhat.

So far this season (offense)

vs LHP .275 BAVG .383 OBP .725 SLG 1.108 OPS 8.0 AB/HR

vs RHP .160 BAVG .326 OBP .307 SLG .633 OPS 37.5 AB/HR

Last edited:
I m ecstatic the team is 3-1. But I am concerned somewhat.

So far this season (offense)

vs LHP .275 BAVG .383 OBP .725 SLG 1.108 OPS 8.0 AB/HR

vs RHP .160 BAVG .326 OBP .307 SLG .633 OPS 37.5 AB/HR

I agree, it sucks that Miggy and Vmart are basically undoing the success against RHP that guys like Nick and McCann are having.

Back