Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Minnesota @ Detroit (April 12, 2017)

Is the box score right, miggy was 0-4 on only 6 total pitches? yikes, maybe move that lettuce up to 3rd! how bout that Lettuce Man!

Maybe Sanchez should get a shot as back up to the back up closer lol..

If I remember right, I think harold reynolds said back during spring games he thought Sanchez would make a great closer. I say let's try it!

If I remember right, I think harold reynolds said back during spring games he thought Sanchez would make a great closer. I say let's try it!

Frankie is fine. No stud but for the most part gets the job done.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/223899368/mccann-romine-bottom-of-order-leading-tigers/
Bottom of order has Tigers on top.
McCann, Romine, Collins powering team through slow start by heart of order.
Tigers official site

Miguel Cabrera is 3-for-28 so far this season. Victor Martinez is 6-for-26 with all singles. Justin Upton is 3-for-19.
They're also the first team in the franchise's illustrious history to homer in each of its first eight games.
No other Major League team has done that since the 2012 Indians.

None of those home runs has come from Cabrera, Martinez or Upton, who have one extra-base hit between them.
Instead, James McCann leads the Tigers with three homers. Nicholas Castellanos and Ian Kinsler have two. Tyler Collins, Jose Iglesias, JaCoby Jones and Andrew Romine have one each.

Frankie is fine. No stud but for the most part gets the job done.

I AGREE but if he can not go three days/games in a row. then, someone else has to close. A Wilson did a good job today. Just how many times can he do this? Asking him to go two innings is taxing.

I AGREE but if he can not go three days/games in a row. then, someone else has to close. A Wilson did a good job today. Just how many times can he do this? Asking him to go two innings is taxing.

It's all about PC's. How many CP pitch 3 games in a row? Doesn't happen as much as you think. The only reason AW pitched 2, as Ausmus has said, he had a quick 8th (not uncommon) and they didn't want to use the rook in that situation. If a setup man can't go two innings then we're in trouble.

Back