Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17 Det @ Minny 4/22/17

gotime909

I thought Machado was supposed to be some defensive whiz? Just booted the 3rd ball that I've seen this week. Somehow they scored it a hit, but clearly looked like a playable ball to me.

The abomination that is the detroit tigers continues. Never seen a team that is this bad on defense. Instead of still being up 1-0 miggy's replacement can't even catch a routine pop foul.

Last edited:
Fuck this team!!!! Hicks totally fucks up an easy foul ball catch that would have ended the inning and the next pitch is off the wall to score 2. These players just don't concentrate at all. This isn't about being a bad defensive team. It's about players not being focused enough to make routine plays. Time for a reboot and can this manager.

Nick and Justin with back to back screamers for homers

Whoops, didn't see auto out VMart get out in between them.

Last edited:
The sadder it is for the Tigers the sadder these game threads become.. Lol.

I looked away from the screen and then saw JaCoby go down on his hands and knees and run up towards third base. Was he able to deflect any of the ball that hit him?

How was that not an error on Hicks fucking up that easy foul ball????

and the old school in me would drill a batter for those full swings that whack our catchers off the side of the head and catchers mask.
They have turned baseball into pussyball.

Detroit Tigers center fielder JaCoby Jones left Saturday's game after he was struck in the face by a 90 mph fastball.

Jones was hit near his mouth on a pitch thrown by Minnesota Twins reliever Justin Haley in the third inning.

In pain and possibly disoriented, Jones ran down the third base line and started angling toward the Tigers dugout before dropping to his knees.
Athletic trainers and manager Brad Ausmus rushed out to assist him.

Mlive

Looked like Justin Haley's pitch caught JaCoby Jones right in the nose, the way he reacted. He ran to dugout. Andrew Romine on to pinch-run.
JasonBeck

Last edited:
JD, Miggy, and Iggy all on the DL - and Jacoby gets hit in the mouth. What the fuck..

You knew it was going to happen, Boyd throws behind Sano, what a f'n whack job. Fuck you Sano eat shot and die.

Back