Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dave Bergman has died

byco42

According to @TonyPaul1984 and Bob Duff.

I remember the 13th pitch at bat... Damn RIP Dave... Thanks for the Tiger memories...

Sad day for Tigers fans everywhere. He was at the 30th anniversary for the 1984 Championship team and they said he had been sick but would not say what it was, but with his hair it sure looked like he had been going through chemo.

iirc he was part of that trade with Willie Hernandez from the Phillies for Glenn Wilson and John Wockenfuss.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bergmda01.shtml

I remember the 13th pitch at bat... Damn RIP Dave... Thanks for the Tiger memories...

I remember listening to that at bat on the radio too.

Although at the time I didn't know it took him that many tries because he was already sick.

I was at the 30th anniversary celebration game. I thought he looked like he had aged quite a bit but didn't know he wasn't well.

Side note: Still can't believe I left that game after the 8th inning and Rajai hit the walk off grand slam in the 9th.

I was at the 30th anniversary celebration game. I thought he looked like he had aged quite a bit but didn't know he wasn't well.

Side note: Still can't believe I left that game after the 8th inning and Rajai hit the walk off grand slam in the 9th.

I didn't know he was sick either.

Back