Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jack Morris and Kirk Gibson join FSD

I get DirecTV with the Sports package that includes YES, SNY and MSG Networks at $64 a month. If it is a New York/New Jersey based team (Buffalo included) I get their games. It comes in handy when a DET (Redwings, Pistons or Tigers) team plays and New York/New Jersey based team.

Another $76, and I have Verizon home phone and internet.

No home phone for me, all cell these days so I save a bunch there. I do have the Directv sports package for 13.99 a month for 6 months, gets me through the baseball season. FSD is one of those channels..Internet is part of my HOA at this time. They remove it come June, but my cost won't change. They pay it or I pay it..like 50 bucks.

Last edited:
Still gonna mainly be on the radio feed. I hate Rod, but i think both Gibson and Morris are idiots and jackasses. Their commentary is likely going to suck almost as much as Allen's.

same.

I am about to dump Comcast... I freaking pay 183 a month for internet and hbo and showtime and I just learned my same package is going up to 199 in two months.... Freaking bullcrap...But alas I need FSD and BTN and ESPN... But I am going to do something soon..

I just don't get all the hate for Rod Allen and Jim Price , and the new guys. There are some sport networks that a beyond awful in their production. I think FSD does a fine job. FSD is also the 2nd rated regional sports baseball pregame and post game show behind only the Cardinals. They must be doing something right?

Rod basically admitted to being a team shill on twitter, said something like 'it's going to be tough to spin this' when the Tigers were in that horrendous slump last season.

Aside from being too much of a company guy and hardly ever critical about anything Tigers, his little catch phrases are annoying and he's repetitive as hell with them.

Rod basically admitted to being a team shill on twitter, said something like 'it's going to be tough to spin this' when the Tigers were in that horrendous slump last season.

Aside from being too much of a company guy and hardly ever critical about anything Tigers, his little catch phrases are annoying and he's repetitive as hell with them.

Jim Price is no different, wow, nice area, arsenal, buggywhipped, hey gang, batting thirrrrrrrrd, art of pitching. Every announcer has their catchphrases that they beat to death.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/07/19/kirk-gibson
Tamed Fury: How Kirk Gibson Learned to Quell His Volcanic Ferocity After Years of Rage. Great story.
SI

"Bring it on, bitch." :lmao:

Full part:

..he spent that summer with Class A Lakeland, keelhauled daily by manager Jim Leyland. ?I don?t give a f--- if you?re an All-American football player!? Leyland boomed in the car from the airport. ?You want to drink all night and chase women? Go ahead. But you?ll be on that field with me every day at 8:30 a.m. until I send you to the big leagues. Understand??
Gibson?s response? ?I said, ?Bring it on, bitch,? ? he recalls. ?My mentality was really crazy at that time.?​

Last edited:
Another favorite:

One afternoon in Seattle, with Gibson sprinting in the outfield, the 49-year-old Anderson lined up like a cornerback and challenged him to run a route. The manager apparently hadn’t seen what happened to Luther Bradley. “Ran his ass over,” Trammell says.

“It hurt him: He was an old man,” Gibson says. “He got up and had tears in his eyes, hat was off, hair was all f----- up. He’s like, ‘You sonuvabitch! You’re crazy!’ I said, ‘Get your f------ ass out of here because I’ll do it again.’ I just couldn’t contain it.”​

Last edited:
Back