Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Victor hurt, has surgery on torn meniscus 4 to 6 weeks prognosis

johnny2x2x

AHHHHHH!!

Torn meniscus in his knee, surgery. FML.

6-8 weeks.

Last edited:
Don't these multi-million-dollar athletes workout with supervision?

Hmm, that sucks. And of course the following 6-8 weeks to get his groove back.

Tonya Harding strikes again...

seriously though, i'd rather it happen now than anytime after the AS break when we *should* be pushing for the playoffs.

6-8 weeks is not all that bad considering.

We might get lucky and he'll be back by opening day.

Tigers trainer Kevin Rand said in a text message that the team will not know more until that surgery is completed.

Henry Ford Hospital orthopedic surgeon Bill Moutzouros said the diagnosis means that Martinez tore the cartilage that separates two bones, the femur and tibia.

If the cartilage can be trimmed because it's a tear that's non-repairable, he said, the rehab time is typically 4-6 weeks.

But if the cartilage needs to be repaired to save the tissue, Martinez would likely be on crutches for about a month and the full recovery time would be 12-16 weeks.

Tigers trainer Kevin Rand said in a text message that the team will not know more until that surgery is completed.

Henry Ford Hospital orthopedic surgeon Bill Moutzouros said the diagnosis means that Martinez tore the cartilage that separates two bones, the femur and tibia.

If the cartilage can be trimmed because it's a tear that's non-repairable, he said, the rehab time is typically 4-6 weeks.

But if the cartilage needs to be repaired to save the tissue, Martinez would likely be on crutches for about a month and the full recovery time would be 12-16 weeks.

I had mine repaired when I was 18. I would say my recovery took the full 16 weeks

Viciedo could be a temporary option at DH, we move JD up to bat 4th behind Miggy.
Id rather have our pitchers hit than sign Viciedo. Fuck no, he's fucking terrible.

Lennerton, Collins, or even Westlake will probably end up filling the spot, if its even necessary (it probably will be though.)

Last edited:
I had mine repaired when I was 18. I would say my recovery took the full 16 weeks

He's also an athlete though, likely in phenomenal shape, and money wont be an object when it comes to sports medicine. So that's could factor in to recovery time as well.

We like to call him old, but he's younger than most of us. (I assume)

He's also an athlete though, likely in phenomenal shape, and money wont be an object when it comes to sports medicine. So that's could factor in to recovery time as well.

We like to call him old, but he's younger than most of us. (I assume)

When I was 18 i was in better condition than a 36 year old former catcher that had knee re-construction and micorfracture surgery on that same knee. As far as his recovery time due to the facilities etc. due to $$$ and his job...I 100% agree. I think I went to rehab 3 times a week to get movement & muscle back...he will have the best of the best when it comes to his recovery.

All that said...my guess is his knee is so fucked up and he will want to get back ASAP that they snip it at the tear and he is back in less than 6 weeks.

Back