Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Victor hurt, has surgery on torn meniscus 4 to 6 weeks prognosis

He needs to visit the same place they sent Magglio. Whatever they injected that dude with saved his career. I think Peyton Manning might have done something similar after his neck got screwed up too.

When I was 18 i was in better condition than a 36 year old former catcher that had knee re-construction and micorfracture surgery on that same knee.

I doubt this.

You may not think so, but remember Victor is a guy who has likely worked with a professional trainer every single day since he was 16.

I doubt this.

You may not think so, but remember Victor is a guy who has likely worked with a professional trainer every single day since he was 16.

Professional trainer or not...his knee is in terrible shape...and have you seen him run? 36 years old, ACL & micro fracture surgery & catching for all those years...I am very confident that physically I was in better shape at 18 than he is now.

Ok after hitting the head against the wall, crying not again. Looking at the ESPN FA list. There not much to chose from. And the Tigers farm says you want to replace who?!

He needs to visit the same place they sent Magglio. Whatever they injected that dude with saved his career. I think Peyton Manning might have done something similar after his neck got screwed up too.

iirc, Magglio went to another country? for some kind of platelets injections into his knee?
edit; The more I think about it, maybe Magglio had the microfracture surgery in another country...Austria? Germany?

Last edited:
iirc, Magglio went to another country? for some kind of platelets injections into his knee?
edit; The more I think about it, maybe Magglio had the microfracture surgery in another country...Austria? Germany?

probably where Kobe went...I think in Europe. They do some crazy shit!

Magglio went to an Austrian doctor to have knee surgery back before he was a Tiger, at the time, Dr. Wolfgang Schaden, was performing an experimental type of surgery not available in the US. Something to do with shock waves.

He was already rated the worse base runner in baseball, can only imagine how he will be after this.

Magglio went to an Austrian doctor to have knee surgery back before he was a Tiger, at the time, Dr. Wolfgang Schaden, was performing an experimental type of surgery not available in the US. Something to do with shock waves.

That sounds right... I think they also did stem cell treatment or something like that with the surgery too. I just remember it being controversial and possibly illegal in the U.S., but it saved his career.

Please just make sure he's good to go before letting him play. I don't care if he misses the first month of the season if it means he'll be fine for the last month.

I'm hoping that it doesn't zap his power. It could mean another 10-15 home run year from Victor.

Back