Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jack Morris and Kirk Gibson join FSD

I personally think Rod and Mario have formed a real nice chemistry. I just don't want to see that split up.

I think the real point here is that Dan Dickerson should do everything all the time.

I have no problems with any of them.. They are Tiger announcers... Much better then some other crews out there...

Whenever I start to get annoyed, I remind myself that it could always be a lot worse. We could have someone like Hawk Harrelson, Chris Berman, or some of the other clowns in the biz.

I'm not sure how well this is going to work. Do any other booths do this? How can Mario build continuity with these people when he's continually having to talk to someone new?

YES (Yankees) and SNY (Mets)

For YES, Michael Kay works with Ken Singleton, Paul O'Neil, Al Leiter, John Flaherty and David Cone. Primarily it is Kay and Singleton.

The Mets it is Gary Cohen and Ron Darling or Keith Hernandez. They also had Ralph Kiner before he died (Feb 2014).

Lynn Henning is on the air and just updated how this is going to work.

It's going to be a two man booth. Mario will be the main guy, and they are going to rotate between the three.

This is different from what I read this morning in the Detroit News online, the article made it sound as if 3 would be in the booth

Edit: you are correct, I just read a revised article, it will just be Mario and 1 of the 3.

Last edited:
I'm still going to mute the games and listen to Dan Dickerson.

A perfect world would be where the radio and tv actually synced up, and not hearing everything 5 secs before you see it. Though that has advantages too, you know when something is coming you can focus on it more.

I'm still going to mute the games and listen to Dan Dickerson.

A perfect world would be where the radio and tv actually synced up, and not hearing everything 5 secs before you see it. Though that has advantages too, you know when something is coming you can focus on it more.

pause the TV feed for 5 seconds then hit play.

I don't subscribe to that witchcraft.

lol

Once you get it you won't want to live without it. The only thing I watch live now is sports. Every other show I might watch I record so I can fast forward through the commercials. An hour show only takes about 45 minutes.

lol

Once you get it you won't want to live without it. The only thing I watch live now is sports. Every other show I might watch I record so I can fast forward through the commercials. An hour show only takes about 45 minutes.

I love DVR and don't know how I lived without it. I just set recordings for anything I want to watch and watch it as time permits. I still like live sports, but that's really about it for me too. My parents still don't have a DVR and it drives me crazy when I'm there. They crack me up because they have other things like Chromecast to stream Netflix, but not a damn DVR. So, they regularly miss shows they want to see and have to wait for a re-run, and they also have to suffer through the commercials. One of these days I may just end up breaking down and buying one for them.

lol

I don't really watch TV. Most shows I want to see I just stream. I have only had DISH for like 6 months now, and that was only because it was super cheap when bundled with my Internet/Phone. Used to pay $69.99/Mo. for internet/phone service, now I pay $95/Mo. for Internet/Phone/DISH combo. But that is just the package that gets me the basic channels plus FSD, and there is never anything on anyways, so paying the stupid price for their hopper bullshit would be a waste. Really the extra $15 a mo. is already sort of a waste since when the Tigers or occasionally Wings are not on, I hardly turn the fucking thing on at all.

I don't really watch TV. Most shows I want to see I just stream. I have only had DISH for like 6 months now, and that was only because it was super cheap when bundled with my Internet/Phone. Used to pay $69.99/Mo. for internet/phone service, now I pay $95/Mo. for Internet/Phone/DISH combo. But that is just the package that gets me the basic channels plus FSD, and there is never anything on anyways, so paying the stupid price for their hopper bullshit would be a waste. Really the extra $15 a mo. is already sort of a waste since when the Tigers or occasionally Wings are not on, I hardly turn the fucking thing on at all.

I pay way too much for TV/Internet/phone line. I have ATT Uverse and my monthly bill is about $215 per month.

I pay way too much for TV/Internet/phone line. I have ATT Uverse and my monthly bill is about $215 per month.

Same here. If I didn't need the home phone for my security system, I would have ditched that part of the bundle long ago. Not sure I have ever even made or taken a call on my home phone and wouldn't even know the number without looking it up.

I only have internet. Also, I have verizon fios, which is by far the best internet ive ever had.

Holy shit, i just got Uverse TV and Internet for my apartment for like $100 a month. I hope it doesn't skyrocket after the 1 year contract ends and I renew it.

Holy shit, i just got Uverse TV and Internet for my apartment for like $100 a month. I hope it doesn't skyrocket after the 1 year contract ends and I renew it.

It will go up but not that much. I have a phone line, 4 boxes and Uverse 300 which includes some movie channels (that we never watch)

Just keep contacting them if your bill does go up, there are ALWAYS promotions.

I can't trust the stability of internet based and streaming services. I have watched ESPN3 plenty for tennis and other sports, and I get irritated when it slows down/hiccups. Uverse never has things like that happen. There's too much I watch that requires cable.

If it wasn't for other members of the family I'd cut off Directv right now. I can get baseball games elsewhere, and stream NFL if I have too..The only channel I'd truly miss, TCM. I've tried there app, and it has some major problems but I can live with it if it saves me money.

There's just too much I want to watch, and I need the dependability of hardwire cable. I have 0 problems with Uverse.

Back