Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 117 Tigers vs. pirates August 12, 2014

Monroe and Tigermud are right... Our hitters are not making any adjustments as the game goes on... Especially on this 2-7 road trip..

And yes it is easier to see sitting and watching, do they have anyone letting the hitting coaches or players see what we see during the game at all so they might considering trying to adjust once in a damn while? Can we get Craig a hotline to the dugout?

Brad
"It was a crappy trip"

That was a massive understatement, should have said something more like that was one lousy ass clown show shit ass road trip and we aren't hitting our way out of a wet paper shit sack

Maybe the pressure to win for the city, state, fans, Mr I etc.. is just to great, there is such a thing as trying to hard, wanting something so badly that you can't get out of your own way, lions have the same problem. Much easier said than mastered believe me I know but I think the key is that you have to care, but not care, take the pressure and flip it into controlled anger confident focus, if that makes sense. Remove all the pressure tigers, it's ok, you have nothing to prove to anyone but yourself.

And with that, yeah I'm taking a break from posting during the game for awhile to get the head straight. Nothing to prove tigers, not a thing

Last edited:
DET 63-54

Before May 19th, 27-12

Home 13-8 .571 97 Runs = 4.6 R/G

Away 14-4 .778 92 Runs = 5.1 R/G

Since May 18th = 36-42

Home 17-19 .472 168 Runs 4.7 R/G

Away 19-23 .452 179 Runs 4.3 R/G

Hard to believe the Tigers with all the lulls in hitting that we have that we are
still in the America League.

1st in avg.
1st in OBP. (tied)
1st in slg.
1st in ops.

4th in runs.
1st in Hits.
1st in doubles.
6th in triples.
7th in Homers. (Hmmmmm)
3rd in RBI's.
4th in SB's.
11th in walks (yikes)
4th in striking out...

2nd in Caught Stealing

4th in Grounded In To Doubleplays

Last in Hit By Pitch

13th in Reached On Error

2014 Away (prior to last night)

1st Doubles

t1st Sac Flies

2nd Caught Stealing

3rd Stolen Bases

4th OPS

4th SLG

6th HRs

10th OBP

11th Walks

15th Triples

15th Hit By Pitch

2nd in Caught Stealing

4th in Grounded In To Doubleplays

Last in Hit By Pitch

13th in Reached On Error

2014 Away (prior to last night)

1st Doubles

t1st Sac Flies

2nd Caught Stealing

3rd Stolen Bases

4th OPS

4th SLG

6th HRs

10th OBP

11th Walks

15th Triples

15th Hit By Pitch

Yikes...Thanks for looking up the bad.....Pretty much suns it up..

Back