Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 118 Tigers vs. pirates August 13, 2014

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2014/8/14/6001245/joe-nathan-hand-chin-flick-italian-gesture

I think its completely inexcusable. If he doesnt like people booing at him, he needs to do his fucking job right and not lash out back at them. I want him gone. Now.

And if we the fans don't like Joe Nathan giving obscene gestures, maybe we don't have to boo him whenever he simply walks a guy. He did do his job right tonight and he got booed for it anyway. I'm not saying it's cool what he did or the right thing to do; he should be more humble and admit his shortcomings when they happen. All I'm saying is I'm happy he at least recognizes what's going on and seems to care on some level.

Melvin Mercedes has been brought up to the Tigers.
He is on the 40 man roster.

I actually kind of like that he's giving it back to the crowd....I'd rather have that than a Prince Fielder shrug of the shoulders type response like he doesn't care, or it's no big deal. Maybe the booing will actually help feed his competitive side and he'll perform better at home at least.

That doesn't show he cares..he just thinks he's beyond getting booed like he's too good. In-fact it shows the opposite that he doesn't care at all..

Last edited:
UM, fans have the right to boo a player if they don't like his haircut. That's what it's all about. People pay their money to get in a stadium and watch. He's been in the business forever, and I am sure has been booed multiple times in different venues. It has to roll off his back. When you start to acknowledge the fans, you are giving in.

Nathan is a total dick...I could live with it if he was still good but he sucks ass. Screw him!

Guys again....I'm not saying what he did was right or that I'm fine with it. Yes fans have the right to boo anyone they want.

I'm just saying I prefer some kind of response other than an apathetic "ehhh whatever" type deal like we got from Prince Fielder. Nathan apologized for it and admitted he was frustrated with his performance this season and that's what led him to do what he did. So yes he's been upset with himself, and he cares that he's been sucking.

Last edited:
Guys again....I'm not saying what he did was right or that I'm fine with it. Yes fans have the right to boo anyone they want.

I'm just saying I prefer some kind of response other than an apathetic "ehhh whatever" type deal like we got from Prince Fielder. Nathan apologized for it and admitted he was frustrated with his performance this season and that's what led him to do what he did. So yes he's been upset with himself, and he cares that he's been sucking.

A response is not to say fk you to the fans. That's never a good response. And no he doesn't care, at least by that response. If he wants to show a response pound his fist into his glove..

A response is not to say fk you to the fans. That's never a good response. And no he doesn't care, at least by that response. If he wants to show a response pound his fist into his glove..

I understand it's not a good response. I've agreed with that point many times. I disagree with you saying he doesn't care. People react emotionally when they care. It was a negative reaction, and not the right one obviously. All I'm saying is I prefer SOME kind of reaction, rather than none at all.

He apologized today and confirmed exactly what I thought was going on. He's had a lot of built up frustration from the season and it was getting to him. He released it at the wrong time and in the wrong way.

I understand it's not a good response. I've agreed with that point many times. I disagree with you saying he doesn't care. People react emotionally when they care. It was a negative reaction, and not the right one obviously. All I'm saying is I prefer SOME kind of reaction, rather than none at all.

He apologized today and confirmed exactly what I thought was going on. He's had a lot of built up frustration from the season and it was getting to him. He released it at the wrong time and in the wrong way.

Next time someone stops too fast in front of me..I'll just shoot him.

He's an idiot.

Back