Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 120 Tigers vs. mariners August 15, 2015

Last 81 games (since May 18th) = 38-43

DET has given up the t2nd most runs in this timeframe. 4.7 Runs Per Game.

A. Romine (112 PA) .261 OBP .327 SLG .588 OPS 28.0 PA/BB

D. Kelly (91 PA) .289 OBP .232 SLG .521 OPS 12.9 PA/BB

B. Holaday (85 PA) .262 OBP .237 SLG .499 OPS 14.2 PA/BB

In these 81 games

41 SB 23 CS = 64.1 SB%

78 Grounded Into Double Plays, most in the AL during this timeframe (I am glad speed eliminated this and we are no longer station to station)

80 Home Runs

231 Walks versus 582 Strike Outs

DET has the most Intentional Walks (23) in this timeframe. (V. Martinez = 13, M. Cabrera = 6)

No bench and bull pen is bad enough,231 to 582 is a big deal this is bad,but the record of "38-43" is the real story. Really not playing .500 will let any body/TEAM catch you!

BTW as long as we have Cabrera and/or V-Mart in the lineup this team will be station to station when they are on the bases . I remember all too well when the Cards had McGwire. And that was with just one Turtle on base.

Our pitching was supposed to be our strength and ranks in the bottom half of the AL in most stats. Seems many are ignoring that and blaming most of our problems on the hitting.

Last edited:
64.1% on attempted steals has a negative value. Rather not have them run at all..More speed hasn't changed this team at all..

64.1% on attempted steals has a negative value. Rather not have them run at all..More speed hasn't changed this team at all..
We've had VMart, Avila, Hunter and Nick all thrown out multiple times this year. No way ANY of those guys should be trying to steal. Factor in Davis getting caught leaving early and Kinsler just plain asleep at first on pickoffs. All that brings the team average way down. I agree that more speed hasn't made us better, but it's more because we've been stupid on how we're using it.

Green light Davis, Kinsler and Carrera. Everyone else just sit down on the bag.

We've had VMart, Avila, Hunter and Nick all thrown out multiple times this year. No way ANY of those guys should be trying to steal. Factor in Davis getting caught leaving early and Kinsler just plain asleep at first on pickoffs. All that brings the team average way down. I agree that more speed hasn't made us better, but it's more because we've been stupid on how we're using it.

Those guys are still part of the team..whether it's Ausmus or the players our attempted steals have not gone well. Add in what seems to be a ton of thrown out guys at home..and other bases..and we're not very good on the bases.

Seem like Kinsler falls asleep in the field at times as well! That does not help the pitching.

Our pitching was supposed to be our strength and ranks in the bottom half of the AL in most stats. Seems many are ignoring that and blaming most of our problems on the hitting.

that's mostly all pen though, so yes lousy pen and bi-polar offense has made for a second place out of the playoffs team below .500 since the 27-12 start. Miggy not being off the chain and to many guys above and below the order expanding the zone too much, not always mind you but enough to notice.. Could very easly find themselves back 3.5 by the end of the weekend.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster, all the great starting pitching and still can't win...it's a damn shame..

I don't know how but they need to find away to beat Felix today, odds are extremely slim even with price but they need to find away..

Lead off with bunts or something, pull out all the stops find away

Our batting roster today is better-built to face Felix, than the rosters of 2013 and 2012. A 3-2 victory today isn't out-of-realm.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go to a wedding so maybe they win cause I don't watch... Still plenty of games to turn it around,,, Have to think the KC will go through a losing 7 out of 10 stretch... (They cant stay his hot can they) :/

I mean come on the TV networks don't want KC in the playoffs....LOL

Last edited:
Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go to a wedding so maybe they win cause I don't watch... Still plenty of games to turn it around,,, Have to think the KC will go through a losing 7 out of 10 stretch... (They cant stay his hot can they) :/

I mean come on the TV networks don't want KC in the playoffs....LOL

With the way the Tigers are playing KC would have to go 1-9 to gain A game lately!

Back