Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 121 Tigers vs. mariners August 16, 2014

It's to the point the fans need to continue to boo so loudly anytime he is brought into save a game that Brad just won't be able to even use him at home. This guys fucking sucks in a Tigers uniform.

Last edited:
Well, Joe Blows got it done.

Man am I glad we got those add on runs.

Top 9

Kelly in at 3rd, Davis in left, Nathan on to give us all heart palpitations

Cano single to right

Morales come backer to the mound cano goes to third on the play as the shift was on, uggg..fk!!

Chavez pinch hitting, bloop single runs scores

Seager first pitch smash to first miggy touches the bag throws to second game over!

Tigers hold on and win! Gawd Nathan thanks for the heart palpitations assclown

Last edited:
Ok here's the deal, tigers offense did an excellent job tonight againts a very good pitcher, this was accomplished by laying of his pitches and making him come to you along with what I saw as an increased level of focus at the plate. Now if they can figure out how to focus like that againts ave pitchers to we'd be all set..and of course price was fantastic in his first win as a tiger at commerica park

I'm gone for a week won't be able to partake in the board festivities, when I get back the tigers are going to be back in first and not looking back! Any questions? Good

Last edited:
Nice win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in the WC spot and only a half a game back of the Royals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigers have designated Triple-A Toledo's Kevin Whelan for assignment, per John Wagner at the Toledo Blade. Move opens spot on 40-man for Jim Johnson. Johnson up and Mercedes down. An additional 40-man roster move will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tigers have designated Triple-A Toledo's Kevin Whelan for assignment, per John Wagner at the Toledo Blade. Move opens spot on 40-man for Jim Johnson.

facepalm-gif-33.gif

tumblr_inline_mi78ocqJFt1qz4rgp.gif

naked-gun-face-palm-head-slap-doh-1360196138K.gif

Last 73 Games

Starters 30-26 42 QS 3.84 ERA 1.20 WHIP

Relievers 7-10 16 SV 7 BLSV 4.44 ERA 1.64 WHIP

Relievers not including "closing situations"
6-8 1 SV 3 BLSV 3.81 ERA 1.55 WHIP

Closer Situations
1-2 15 SV 5 BLSV 9.43 ERA 2.29 WHIP

Last 73 Games

Closer Situations

Can't win a World Series with that. Kind of puts it in perspective.

Keep throwing shit against the wall and hope something sticks? I mean, at this point is there any other option?

You know, it would be funny shit if Johnson has figured out what went wrong and ended up pitching strong for us. I'd love to see him get meaningful outs against Oak to help knock them out of the playoffs since they're paying him 10 mil this year.

Last 73 Games

Closer Situations

For fear of being banned again, I'm gonna be brief with this one.

I know you won't admit to cherry picking, but I see that the "73 game" sample leads us exactly back to where Nathan's horrible 5 games were.

Just to ammend your numbers a bit to show a different view point:

Joe Nathan's stats during this sample

first 5 games-3.1 IP 27.00 ERA(10 earned runs) .571 BA .600 OBP .810 SLG 1.410 OPS

Last 23 games-22 IP 3.27 ERA(8 earned runs) .253 BA .356 OBP .322 SLG .678 OPS

Now I know that Chamberlain and Soria shit the bed once or twice filling in the role in that span, but I wanted to just single out the actual closer.

Not saying that Nathan has been great, but he seems to be trending in the right direction. I feel that our bridge from starter to bullpen is the bigger problem. We've been scored on more in the 7th inning than any other inning this year. Leaving starter in too long? Playing the wrong RP? RP just not getting it done? If we get that inning under control I think we can have a great finish.

Relievers have sucked for sure.... But this last bad stretch can really be attributed to the poor hitting we have had...I am talking from July 21st when we had a 8 gamish lead.. Too be sure both Joba and Nathan have both blown saves in which we had leads.. But if we had scored more runs maybe they would not be needed... Team collapse in my opinion the last month... No timely hitting and some bad late losses in the low scoring games... Seems like when we get good starting pitching our hitting goes bad... We score 6 runs... Other teams scores 11... Still time to right the ship and win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get us in today guys!!!!!1 Wife wants to see a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relievers have sucked for sure.... But this last bad stretch can really be attributed to the poor hitting we have had...I am talking from July 21st when we had a 8 gamish lead.. Too be sure both Joba and Nathan have both blown saves in which we had leads.. But if we had scored more runs maybe they would not be needed... Team collapse in my opinion the last month... No timely hitting and some bad late losses in the low scoring games... Seems like when we get good starting pitching our hitting goes bad... We score 6 runs... Other teams scores 11... Still time to right the ship and win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, we seems to lose in many different ways. 14 losses in that stretch. We lost 5 when we scored 4+ and lost 4 when we gave up 3 runs or less. We win 4 or 5 of those games and it's not near as bad right now.

Back