Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #116 Tigers @ Pirates Aug 11th

tigermud

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/6341/justin-verlanderDetroit

Rajai Davis CF (Zone expander, only 16 walks on the year)
Kinsler 2b (Second Half Kinsler)
Miggy 3b (Some guy that looks like Miggy anyway)
VMart DH (No longer off the chain, :-(.
Hunter RF (Zone Expander, also only 16 walks on the year)
JD Tuiasosopo LF
Avila C (Profession ball magnet)
Suarez SS (Swings 3-0 after back to back walks)
Verlander P (best hitter in the lineup tonight prolly)

P: Verlander 10-10 4.57 (he's been better lately) Pirates splits vs JV Martin hitting him at a .429 clip.

Pirates:

Harrison 3b
Polanco RF
Martin C
Davis 1b
Marte Cf
Snider LF
Mercer SS
Nix 2b
Locke P

P: Locke 3-3 3.78 Tigers vs Locke only JD and Miggy have faced him, JD 0-5 3 k's

Locke is a lefty, I don't know if he's a soft tosser or not. Rain to the west of Pittsburgh could be showers later well after the game starts.

Last edited:
JD rolls over another one and tigers held to 1 more than the previous 15 innings anyway

Well it doesn't look like JV is going to be saving the pen much tonight

20 pitches....2 walks and a double and a triple. JV sucks! They should have traded him instead of Fister!

Last edited:
DD gives him a MONSTER extension after Cy Young and MVP seasons then he falls apart. He gives Miggy a MONSTER extension after 3 batting titles and an MVP with 2 years left on his contract. I think we will be watching these two eat up about $58M a year and not have significant positive impact on the team in the very near future.

I would like to see a 3 run shot here just so I can go do something else for the rest of the night.

Man i tell ya , i have been waiting for the "real " verlander to show up !! You guys were right , He is still a bulldog !!!

Back