Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #116 Tigers @ Pirates Aug 11th

Damn Doesn't look like any significant rain is going to make it far enough east to save us either

The Detroit Tigers needed a lengthy start from Justin Verlander after their 19-inning marathon Sunday in Toronto. They got one inning.

Verlander left the game Monday night due prior to the start of the bottom of the second inning. There was no immediate word on why Verlander left the game.

Verlander got beat up for five runs on four hits, two walks and two Tigers errors in the first inning. Manager Brad Ausmus and head athletic trainer Kevin Rand checked on him at one point in the bottom of the first, but he remained in the game.

A strange scene developed in the top of the second inning when Max Scherzer put on a batting and appeared to be headed in to pinch hit for Verlander. But Verlander stayed in the game and moved a pair of runners over with a sacrifice bunt, and then stormed through the dugout and left.

But Justin Miller, who was promoted from Triple-A Toledo prior to the game, headed to the mound to start the second inning in Verlander's place.
mlive

Last edited:
Nope miller not any good either

We want coke
We want coke
We want coke

Then bring in Don freakin' Kelly to pitch later after coke

If I were in Pittsburgh I would boo them off the field. The sky has fallen.

Let's see if everyone can roll everything over and make it an easy 1-2-3 for Locke

Justin stormed off after his sac bunt by the way

McCoy and hardy both pitched 3 scoreless yesterday and get sent down?

We need the swing at more 1st pitches tonight. I need to get to bed all ready. Nice 123 inning thank you. Don't need to build any thing.

Well we can still hope KC loses tonight and they stay in first place for another day

Back