Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade for Granderson and let him lead off.

durtymrclean

Only outfielder I see in trades that can save this nosediving offense.

Lead off against righties to be more specific. hitting .247/.360/.447 since April.

Trade for him? If the Mets eat some of the contract, abso-fuckin-lutely. Lead him off? Wouldn't be my preference. He draws a lot of walks, but I think he's more suited to be a middle-of-the-order guy at this point in his career than a leadoff guy.

He strikes out even more often than when he was here. He has good power and OBP though.. two things nobody outside of Cabrera and Vmart have for us.

Do it DD..... Go get the former Tiger....Probably cost to much...

16m for the next 2 and 15 the last year. Maybe if the Mets paid all of it and we would only have to trade them Phil Coke.

The only place that might save Grandy is the NYY. The dude was one hell of a ball player..6 years ago. He did it all. Then he decided he wanted to be a power hitter - his average plummeted, his defense deteriorated, his SO's seem to increase and he became one dimensional. Now outside of Yankee stadium he's complete crap.

Thanks for fucking up a good career..

He strikes out even more often than when he was here. He has good power and OBP though.. two things nobody outside of Cabrera and Vmart have for us.

His slugging is .392. I'm not sure I'd call 20 DBS and 15 HR as power..JD and Hunter have 20 and 15.

His slugging is .392. I'm not sure I'd call 20 DBS and 15 HR as power..JD and Hunter have 20 and 15.

Thats being dragged down by his abysmal april, when he slugged .216 and had an OPS of .468. Since then, he's slashed .254/.355/.440/.795. I'd take an ~.800 OPS from a lefty corner OF.

That being said, he IS making a lot of money, so like I said earlier I'd only take him if the Mets ate some of that contract, which isnt likely.

Thats being dragged down by his abysmal april, when he slugged .216 and had an OPS of .468. Since then, he's slashed .254/.355/.440/.795. I'd take an ~.800 OPS from a lefty corner OF.

That being said, he IS making a lot of money, so like I said earlier I'd only take him if the Mets ate some of that contract, which isnt likely.

I'm not big on "we need a LHB"...first though, he has a .586 OPS after All Star break, second he's slash line vs RHP is worse than his slash line against LHP. So I'm not sure that helps.

I'm not big on "we need a LHB"...first though, he has a .586 OPS after All Star break, second he's slash line vs RHP is worse than his slash line against LHP. So I'm not sure that helps.

Since he's been above average vs both, I'm not sure why you're suggesting him hitting lefties better as a bad thing, especially since he's historically struggled with them. I think its a good thing to see from him.

As for his after-the-break slump, well our entire damn team has been slumping too. Its a moderately small sample size as well. I'd trust him to break out of it at some point just like our offense as a whole is going to.

Last edited:
Since he's been above average vs both, I'm not sure why you're suggesting him hitting lefties better as a bad thing, especially since he's historically struggled with them. I think its a good thing to see from him.

As for his after-the-break slump, well our entire damn team has been slumping too. Its a moderately small sample size as well. I'd trust him to break out of it at some point just like our offense as a whole is going to.

I mentioned it because you said "lefty corner OF". When it's clear he isn't hitting right handed pitchers well. So in that case why would we need him if we have JD and Hunter? And JD has done better against both hands over Granderson. He's also struggled after the break but no worse then GRANDERSON. So why would we need him over JD?

Granderson has a track record JD doesnt. Also not saying we should absolutely trade for him now (offseason might be better.) JD has yet to prove his streak was nothing more than a flash in the pan and Hunter is gone after this year (not that he's actually helping much now anyways.) Add that to the fact that we traded away our starting CF with no real in-house replacement, and we need AT LEAST two OFs (if not 3) in the offseason, all of which are probably going to have to be acquired through trade because the OF free agent crop SUCKS. Getting Grandy would at least be a start, since he's a corner OF who, generally, can get on base and hit for power even if he is prone to streakiness.

Also, I said "lefty corner OF" simply because thats what he is. I dont think we particularly need a lefty bat, as long as we get a corner OF bat.

Last edited:
He's also going to be 34. I guess I don't see what he adds outside getting some walks. I dint know what JD does from here on out but I rather go with a cheap JD over 47m next three years Curtis. I don't see him as a power hitter and he certainly can't hit enough..

I just rather go another route..but I do agree we need OF's.

I wouldnt mind going another route. I also wouldnt mind Granderson *shrug*

Back