Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander MRI no major structural damage

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Ausmus on Verlander: "There was no major structural damage. At this point we don't expect him to go on the DL."

Tigers expect that Verlander will miss at least one start. Robbie Ray extremely likely to start Sunday in his place.

Brad Ausmus on Justin Verlander: "The initial news is very good." Said Verlander seemed relieved when he spoke with him.

No major structural damage for Tigers Verlander - shoulder inflammation but no surgery needed, maybe no DL said Ausmus.

News links from all the media soon.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2014/8/12/5996131/justin-verlander-mri
Justin Verlander's MRI shows inflammation, no structural damage in shoulder.
from bybtb

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/08/detroit_tigers_justin_verlande_117.html
Justin Verlander expected to miss at least one start, not expected to go on disabled list following MRI.
mlive

Justin Verlander left after one inning into last night’s game with an injured shoulder and was slated to have an MRI today. Fans holding their breath can exhale and be thankful something positive has happened for Detroit.
According to trainer Kevin Rand, the MRI showed inflammation, but nothing out of the ordinary for general wear and tear. The team will monitor it and he will likely miss one start.
from mcbtb

http://www.freep.com/article/20140812/SPORTS02/308120143/detroit-tigers-justin-verlander
Detroit Tigers' Justin Verlander may avoid disabled list after MRI.
freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...as-shoulder-inflammation-might-miss-one-start
Tigers' Justin Verlander has shoulder inflammation, might miss one start.
detnews

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2014/08/12/verlander-mri-shows-inflammation-but-no-structural-damage/
Verlander MRI shows inflammation, but no structural damage.
from JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/st...-s-shoulder-081214?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:mlbonfox
MRI shows no structural damage to Verlander's shoulder.
from DetroitFox

http://opoutofleftfield.blogspot.com/2014/08/mri-shows-no-major-structural-damage.html
MRI shows no major structural damage for Verlander, who may avoid trip to DL.
from the OaklandPress

Last edited:
Best news we could hope for as far as his health. If there was some issue or inflammation it would at least explain a few things

Last edited:
well at least he isn't done for the season. Of course, he has been shitty for most of the season so what would it matter?

well at least he isn't done for the season. Of course, he has been shitty for most of the season so what would it matter?

He's been probably dealing with this shoulder inflamation off and on all season, along with healing up from the core surgery he had same as Cabrera but a month later. Windup stride stretch of thigh/core muscles no wonder he has been good, more bad,

But looking at it from just numbers, and ever since the new years of his higher salary makes some like yourself want to constantly call him Shitty. It's tiresome.

When the guy's healthy he's great, he's had surgery, probably not enough time for rehab and a sucky for Verlander type season, but because of the monoply money thrown around, that isn't ours, so why do we care, and the salaries going up each year,

He's been probably dealing with this shoulder inflamation off and on all season, along with healing up from the core surgery he had same as Cabrera but a month later. Windup stride stretch of thigh/core muscles no wonder he has been good, more bad,

But looking at it from just numbers, and ever since the new years of his higher salary makes some like yourself want to constantly call him Shitty. It's tiresome.

When the guy's healthy he's great, he's had surgery, probably not enough time for rehab and a sucky for Verlander type season, but because of the monoply money thrown around, that isn't ours, so why do we care, and the salaries going up each year,

he could have been dealing with the shoulder inflamation all season but maybe not. He wasn't great last year either. He was good early but lost it in May and sucked ever since (5.54 era in May, 6.82 in June, 4.78 in July)

So...it might be his injury, it might be him declining due to all of those innings pitched. The bottom line is we are the fans and I think we have a right to complain when the guys aren't performing how we think they should. People complain all of the time about guys like Don Kelly, Inge, Raburn, etc. I really don't get why you would complain about those guys...you should never expect them to do anything.

he could have been dealing with the shoulder inflamation all season but maybe not. He wasn't great last year either. He was good early but lost it in May and sucked ever since (5.54 era in May, 6.82 in June, 4.78 in July)

So...it might be his injury, it might be him declining due to all of those innings pitched. The bottom line is we are the fans and I think we have a right to complain when the guys aren't performing how we think they should. People complain all of the time about guys like Don Kelly, Inge, Raburn, etc. I really don't get why you would complain about those guys...you should never expect them to do anything.

Yet he came back in Sept. and Oct. last year, so maybe he was hurting felt better, we won't know.

All the extra pitches and batters faced takes a toll, iirc, Verlander had over (edit: 1500 more pitches than the next guy CC and he is 100 pounds overweight, now shields).... eventually had knee problems, compensated mechanics for it and messed his shoulder up.

People complain about the Kelly's Inge's Raburn's and others because they are not in the same class and have never put up HOF numbers year after year and over the course of their careers like JV and Miggy.
What I am saying is, Verlander and Cabrera deserve a pass.

Last edited:
Good deal. I hope we play it safe and skip a couple starts instead of trying to test it or rush him back. I want him at 100%.

Yet he came back in Sept. and Oct. last year, so maybe he was hurting felt better, we won't know.

All the extra pitches and batters faced takes a toll, iirc, Verlander had over (edit: 1500 more pitches than the next guy CC and he is 100 pounds overweight, now shields).... eventually had knee problems, compensated mechanics for it and messed his shoulder up.

People complain about the Kelly's Inge's Raburn's and others because they are not in the same class and have never put up HOF numbers year after year and over the course of their careers like JV and Miggy.
What I am saying is, Verlander and Cabrera deserve a pass.

we just look at things differently. If you are a good / great player I expect more. If you are shitty I don't expect much.

Its too bab his worthless ass didnt blow his elbow out . oh well , the bad news just keeps coming for us

Its too bab his worthless ass didnt blow his elbow out . oh well , the bad news just keeps coming for us

bab? as in babble?
his worthless ass = pure gold.
you must have had a few of those Hawaiian pineapples drop on your head.
Looking forward to your posts on the Lions board when you get slapped around like a gimp.

bab? as in babble?
his worthless ass = pure gold.
you must have had a few of those Hawaiian pineapples drop on your head.
Looking forward to your posts on the Lions board when you get slapped around like a gimp.

lol....ps you cant use gimp , that is slick's name for me hahha

Last edited:
Back