Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nathan is such a classy guy

I've been really disappointed with Nathan's attitude and performance since coming here. I expected a level-headed, positive veteran presence to lead the BP and close out the 9th consistently and he's been anything but that.

Best thing that could happen is this douche takes a line drive to the face. Send him back to Minnesota in a pine box.

Can't see us eating $10mil for him to go bye-bye.

The next Gary Sheffield? To be let go with big money on the line. Gary was not a FA. But this is why FA's are so unreliable. Big bucks for low results happen too many times. Tigers have been lucky most of the time.

Brad says joe feels awful about that and is sorry.

Mmmm yeah ok thanks joe blows hey don't be sorry just stop sucking.. Thanks

Lol

What Joe Nathan needs to do:
1) Call a press conference and apologize for letting his emotions get the better of him.
2) Not suck anymore.

P.S. (Off topic) The McCartney concert at the Stick last night was fucking amazing, but they can't blow that place up soon enough IMO.

Detroit is a tough place to play. Fans expect a lot. If the player does not produce they better expect to be boo'ed/ No free passes given here.
That being said if that player gets his act together the fans will cheer him again.

Detroit is a tough place to play. Fans expect a lot. If the player does not produce they better expect to be boo'ed/ No free passes given here.
That being said if that player gets his act together the fans will cheer him again.

It's only a tough place to play if you run your mouth. Detroit likes their athletes to be quiet and show it on the field. I think Detroit fans are usually too loyal. Look how many people still loved Inge. Detroit is all in to win a world series and we are running out of time. Nathan was brought here and paid well to do a job....and he's been horrible at for more than half the year. It's not like he just had a bad stretch for 5 games. He has to realize that he should be boo'd. But I'm thinking he's not much for personal accountability.

Detroit is all in to win a world series and we are running out of time.

We're running out of time?

Really?

Is the world going to end, or is just baseball going to end?

Or is it Detroit that's going to end?

That said...dump Nathan, whatever the cost.

He sucks.

We're running out of time?

Really?

Is the world going to end, or is just baseball going to end?

Or is it Detroit that's going to end?

That said...dump Nathan, whatever the cost.

He sucks.

It's the age and retention of players window, can't pay everyone gallizons. max will likey be gone elsewhere next year, hunter prolly retires, no assurances vmart will be back, JV not getting any younger and all those innings have caught up...and then there is a still don freakin' Kelly of course so yea..window is closing fast it's this year or never I'm afraid

Last edited:

Detroit is no different than any other city in the world with a major sports franchise.

Nathan might have been boo'd if he was just bad, but it's likely because of how he's handled it. He's cut from the same cloth as Brandon Inge, he's individualistic, and not a team guy. and because of this he's not afraid to throw his teammates or his managers, etc. under the bus.

http://news.yahoo.com/price-helps-tigers-beat-mariners-4-2-021645958--spt.html

Near the end of this article, Nathan is quoted. He sounds contrite and sincere, which is a good start. Now if he can just pitch three outs without giving up runs.......

I posted several story links about his feeling awful about his actions, I kind of believe him, and kind of think something was said to him that that's not how they do things or expected with the Tigers. In any event, he did sound like he did not want to be remembered for 5 seconds of anger to the fans of his team,
one of the webvideo links.
http://m.mlb.com/det/video/v35359537/closer-apologizes-for-reaction-to-home-crowd/?team_id=116

Stone Cold, you are a good dude, but the exact opposite of what you said is the truth. The press here is beyond some of the softest you will ever see. If you took what Joe Nathan was doing this season, and put him in a market like Philadelphia, Boston, or New York, he would have moved to Australia. Our fan base is also very similar. We are VERY sympathetic to our players. If Nathan learned how to pitch again, our fans would quickly forget what happened.

Last edited:
Back