Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 121 Tigers vs. mariners August 16, 2014

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers off Felix Hernandez)
Ian Kinsler, 2B (19-for-77, 3 doubles, 4 HR, 11 walks, 11 K?s)
Ezequiel Carrera, CF (1-for-5, 2 walks, 3 K?s)
Miguel Cabrera, DH (10-for-24, 2 doubles, 3 walks, 4 K?s)
Victor Martinez, 1B (6-for-21, HR, 4 walks, K)
Torii Hunter, RF (23-for-72, 3 doubles, 4 walks, 20 K?s)
J.D. Martinez, LF
Nick Castellanos, 3B
Alex Avila, C (3-for-11, 4 K?s)
Eugenio Suarez, SS
P: Max Scherzer

MARINERS (career numbers against Price)
Austin Jackson, CF (3-for-17, double, 10 K?s)
Dustin Ackley, LF (2-for-5, double, walk, 3 K?s)
Robinson Cano, 2B (18-for-64, 3 doubles, triple, HR, 3 walks, 7 K?s)
Kendrys Morales, DH (3-for-12, 3 K?s)
Chris Denorfia, RF
Kyle Seager, 3B (0-for-8, 2 K?s)
Mike Zunino, C (1-for-7, double, 6 K?s)
Logan Morrison, 1B (1-for-3, double, K)
Chris Taylor, SS
P: Felix Hernandez

Though Rajai Davis has respectable numbers off Felix Hernandez at 4-for-14, Brad Ausmus is going to give Ezequiel Carrera an opportunity. He?ll bat second, with Ian Kinsler moving up to leadoff for the night.
?I don?t want to put too much of a magnifying glass on Carrera hitting leadoff right now,? said Ausmus.
Most of the Tigers numbers off Hernandez aren?t as bad as you?d think, though the power numbers are very limited.
from JasonBeck

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/inde...1&mode=preview&vkey=preview_web_home&c_id=det
Felix, Price match up with playoff position on the line.
Aces set to duel with Mariners, Tigers separated by half-game.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/08/detroit_tigers_gameday_david_p_1.html
Detroit Tigers Gameday: David Price vs. Felix Hernandez in marquee battle of All-Stars tonight.
mlive

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/detro...-returns-during-heavyweight-pitching-matchup/
Detroit Tigers Gameday Notes: Austin Jackson Returns During Heavyweight Pitching Matchup.
Tigers101

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=340816106
Tigers vs. mariners Game Preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2014/DET201408160.shtml
Tigers vs. mariners Game Preview.
Baseball Reference

Well I'm outta here for a week after tonight so I'll go ahead and comment during the game tonight lucky you...tigers need to find away to win this one, I don't know how, seems highly unlikely but do it anyway, lead off with back to back bunts or something, try it, why not, pull out all stops and get it done

1-2-3 first for price

Hernandez has given up 2 or fewer runs in 16 consecutive starts and has won his last 9 starts againts the tigers

Or something of the wall stupid

Last edited:
Felix is having a better season than Kershaw. Considering the AL is worth +.5 for ERA, Kinv Felix's 1.95 ERA is more impressive than Keeshaw's 1.78. Birth have .86 WHIPS.

Felix is having a better season than Kershaw. Considering the AL is worth +.5 for ERA, Kinv Felix's 1.95 ERA is more impressive than Keeshaw's 1.78. Birth have .86 WHIPS.
Both of those numbers for Felix will go up tonight :tup:

Tigers 1st

Tigers offensive game plan reportedly Felix lives at the bottom of the zone tigers want to make him get the ball up so...with that...

Kinsler works a little bit but then k's on a pitch low outside and in the dirt
Carrera 1 pitch can of corn to left 2 outs
Miggy works it full then laser to right, dive attempt almost caught but not, single
Vmart opposite field single to left
Torri battles a little bit before grounding out to short

21 pitches for Felix in the first

Top 2

Price walks lard ass .221 hitting DH on 5 pithces
Some guy I've never heard of GIDP 2 outs
Seager soft liner to 2nd

Price 29 pitches after 2

They probably have a legit beef, Randazzo has always been a turd behind the plate calling balls and strikes.

Bottom 2

JD ground ball deep in the hole at short high throw safe at first, awarded a single

Nick 3 pitch k's 2 out of the zone...too aggressive

Avila 1-2 pitch JD off and running, Alex takes, looked like a strike, called a ball JD safe at second! Alex singles to right! JD held up at third. Need to get this run in Suarez

Suarz quickly behind in the count 0-2 on back to back off speed, takes two low, outside full count, fouls it off.. Legendary Lloyd suddenly decides to come out and start an argument over balls and strike calls. Ejected! Next pitch Suarez slow roller to third double play attempt safe at first run scores!

1-0 tigers

Kinsler fouls off first pitch, ball, now Felix grumbling about the strike zone, Kinsler working it fouling off pitches before k'd again..

49 pitches through 2 for Felix good job battling and making him throw pitches so for offense! Now don't go have a 1-2-3 6 pitch in the 3rd

Top 3

Zunino 3 pitch k, I love 3 pitch k's when it's the other team
Morrison ground out 2nd, 2 outs
Taylor can of corn to center

8 pitch 1-2-3 for price, I love quick innings on less than 10 pitches when it's the other team

KC also up 1-0 over the twins in the 4th

Last edited:
Miggy is becoming my all time favorite player. Gets drilled hard an a minute later he's laughing and joking about it with the first baseman. Guy just has fun.

Miggy gets hit on a 90 mph changeup, Down at first base he's laughing + telling the 1B it hit him above the elbow and then richocheted and hit him in the junk.

Back