Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Twins series

tomdalton22

Every game and every series are important, but heading into the AS break, I think this 4 game series with the Twins is huge. They are 7 games out of first and 2.5 games behind the twins for 2nd. They need at least a split or take 3 of 4. Take 3 of 4 and they are only .5 games out of 2nd place. Lose 3 and they will be 4.5 games behind 2nd place.

Completely agree, 3 of 4 or start selling IMO

Royals on the verge of a 4 game sweep of the Rays which will take them 17 games over .500, at this point the Tigers are playing for a wild card spot there is absolutely no way they will be winning their 5th straight div title this year.

This series determines if the Tigers become buyers or sellers IMO, or at least it should 3 of 4 or wrap it up and sell sell sell

Last edited:
I am positive the royals are due for a long 7 game losing streak soon!!!!! Hopefully we can take advantage of it when it happens...

I wish Terry Ryan would have stayed retired. When he is the GM the twins seem to have our number

Friday night still bugs me... We were in our way to being up 2-0 in the damn series and the freaking Twins even were talking after the game that it was a huge come back because in the season series up to Friday night we were crushing the twins this year.. to a man they were saying they could not beat the tigers...

But after we imploded we all knew what was going to happen the rest of the weekend...

&*&*&^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&^&^&^&^&%&^%^%65456$%$%^

Yup..

It still hurts 4 days later...it was about as crushing and demoralizing as it gets

Here it is July 15th and the pain from that loss still isn't going away. I may have to resort to drinking to make the hurt go away.

Here it is July 15th and the pain from that loss still isn't going away. I may have to resort to drinking to make the hurt go away.

This team is not worth the anguish we are all experiencing. There are a some bright spots (Igleasis, Cabrera, JD, Price, Soria, Wilson, Cespedes) but the balance of the team is just not very good.

Back