Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mariners @ Tigers 7-23-15 Game #95

STREAKS AND STATS:

Ian Kinsler's hit his 35th multi-hit game of the season, tied with Indians' Jason Kipnis for second-most in MLB. Only Rangers' Prince Fielder has more, with 40.

J.D. Martinez cut down Nelson Cruz at second base when he tried to stretch a single into a double. It marked his 12th assist of the year, tied for most in MLB for an outfielder, along with Rangers' Leonys Martin.

David Price received a no-decision for today's start, along with a quality start. It is the fourth such time this season he's gotten both a quality start and received a no-decision.

Hard to get on the offense as well as they've been hitting lately.

They have been doing well because of the amount of LHP they have been facing recently, even before this series. All 4 yesterday was LHP.

I get the fact we are losing because of our pitching, but our offense is not consistent enough to be good in the playoffs. We do not take pitches, move runners up or hit behind the runners. We have stopped being good at stealing bases.

First 47 games = 42 SB 17 CS 160 BB 53 GIDP

Last 48 games = 16 SB 16 CS 116 BB 50 GIDP

What changed? Why aren't we attempting to steal more and why isn't our success rate better? I think Brad got wrapped up into the GIDP and started doing stuff that just isn't working.

It is in these occasions when our offense needs to "steal" a game or two. We do not come from behind. We do not win when we go into extra innings. We had our chances offensively to win then game and we didn't. Today, for the most part, the pitching was good enough to win.

Was at the game with my boss, I got absolutely fried it was so damn hot. This team just does not have what it takes to win, too many holes to fix, as sad as it is selling will make me happy.

Back