Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline Deals

Maybe one less place for Price to land.

The Marlins have agreed to trade pitcher Mat Latos and first baseman Michael Morse to the Dodgers for three minor league pitchers, according to multiple reports.

The Dodgers also will receive a competitive balance pick -- the No. 34 overall selection in next year's draft -- from the Marlins as part of the trade, according to the Miami Herald.

Latos would provide Los Angeles with a veteran No. 3 starter behind All-Stars Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke and also should fortify a Dodgers rotation that has been ravaged by injuries.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...orse-traded-los-angeles-dodgers-miami-marlins

I think the Dodgers want Price too. I think they really want a WS. Can you imagine, Grienke, Kershaw and Price. Wow.

Suddenly the Latos deal might not happen. Wonder if Price being available has anything to do with that.

Suddenly the Latos deal might not happen. Wonder if Price being available has anything to do with that.

Hopefully. I always thought the Dodgers were the font runners because they don't seem to care about money and are probably fed up with seeing the Giants win the pennant the last few years.

The Dodgers are the front runners for Price. The rumors I have seen are crazy so I wont mention names. But the Tigers should do very well for themselves.

Also Cole Hamels has been traded to the Rangers!

Did Hamels veto the trade to Texas? Does he even have that ability? They said he did on the radio this morning, but think they might have had incorrect info since I haven't heard that anywhere else. They also then started talking about the Astros, so I was thinking they might have mixed up their Texas teams.

Did Hamels veto the trade to Texas? Does he even have that ability? They said he did on the radio this morning, but think they might have had incorrect info since I haven't heard that anywhere else. They also then started talking about the Astros, so I was thinking they might have mixed up their Texas teams.

6 years/$144M (2013-18), plus 2019 club option
  • signed extension with Philadelphia 7/25/12
  • $6M signing bonus

• 13:$19.5M, 14:$22.5M, 15:$22.5M, 16:$22.5M, 17:$22.5M, 18:$22.5M, 19:$20M club option ($6M buyout)
  • 2019 option guaranteed at $24M if Hamels 1) has 400 IP in 2017-18, including 200 IP in 2018, and 2) is not on the disabled list with a shoulder or elbow injury at the end of the 2018 season
  • limited no-trade protection allowing Hamels to block trades to 20 clubs each season
  • for 2015 season, may block deals to all clubs except Atlanta, Chicago Cubs, LA Dodgers, NY Mets, NY Yankees, St. Louis, San Diego, Texas and Washington

Hamels was acquired by Texas in trade from Philadelphia 7/29/15, with Phillies responsible for all but $9.5M of the $81,737,704 left on Hamels’ contract ($8,237,704 in 2015, $67.5M in 2016-18 salaries and $6M buyout). As part of the deal, Philadelphia sends Texas $9.5M and assumes responsibility for $32,759,562 remaining on Matt Harrison’s contract

Hamels was acquired by Texas in trade from Philadelphia 7/29/15, with Phillies responsible for all but $9.5M of the $81,737,704 left on Hamels? contract ($8,237,704 in 2015, $67.5M in 2016-18 salaries and $6M buyout). As part of the deal, Philadelphia sends Texas $9.5M and assumes responsibility for $32,759,562 remaining on Matt Harrison?s contract

I assume that you meant that Texas is responsible for his contract.

Thanks Rebbiv. Maybe he refused a trade to Houston or something then. The radio guys seemed to have something confused and didn't elaborate further.

I assume that you meant that Texas is responsible for his contract.

I just copied from Cots. And isn't well typed. Rangers are responsible for all but $9.5 Mil of Hamels' contract. The Phillies are responsible for all of Matt Harrison's contract.

Back