Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

buyers or sellers?

If you can get 6 or 7 decent ML prospects by trading now you can use most of them to acquire ML players in the future. If you let these guys go you get nothing in return. The idea of re-stocking the farm isn't just to get guys that will contribute down the road...it is to get assets that you can turn into ML players.

MORTAMER....SELL! SELL! SELL!!!

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope it gets done.

All rumors. I just hope this is one of the times DD is being secretive.

I just saw that we do not get a compensation pick for Cespedes. His contract has some language that states he cannot be given a qualifying offer. It also said he would like to be a Tiger in 2016 even if he is traded.

If that is true, we need to trade him to get some value if we are sellers.

I love the guy in LF. Great arm and some power in his bat. I don't know that I would break the bank for him but 4 yrs $60 million sounds about right to me.

I just saw that we do not get a compensation pick for Cespedes. His contract has some language that states he cannot be given a qualifying offer. It also said he would like to be a Tiger in 2016 even if he is traded.

If that is true, we need to trade him to get some value if we are sellers.

I love the guy in LF. Great arm and some power in his bat. I don't know that I would break the bank for him but 4 yrs $60 million sounds about right to me.

I like him too, for the most part, but like many we have the few walks he gets is disturbing.

Four main teams in on Price are dodgers, giants, blue jays and yankees. all are in contact with Tigers.

Four main teams in on Price are dodgers, giants, blue jays and yankees. all are in contact with Tigers.

Who has the best farm system? That's 4 high profile teams..hopefully we get some good deals.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Dodgers are trading for Alex wood so they can flip him in a package for Price or Hamels

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Who has the best farm system? That's 4 high profile teams..hopefully we get some good deals.

I haven't had the time to check on them Mitch. Hopefully someone else here knows, and especially DD and company.
Damn I wish they would go after Chapman or Kimbrel and be set for the 9th inning.

Sounds like Hamels to Texas is almost a done deal. That leaves Toronto, LA, SF, NY, and Houston to all fight over price

I haven't had the time to check on them Mitch. Hopefully someone else here knows, and especially DD and company.
Damn I wish they would go after Chapman or Kimbrel and be set for the 9th inning.

Okay, thanks. Honestly, I'd like a young position player than can be a consistent all star. Maybe not Trout like but good nonetheless.

Matt Holliday also tore is quad tonight. Cardinals could be in market for corner outfielder

Okay, thanks. Honestly, I'd like a young position player than can be a consistent all star. Maybe not Trout like but good nonetheless.

doing the team notes now and this was on the freep,
http://www.freep.com/picture-galler...b-prospects-the-tigers-could-target/30848203/
Top MLB prospects the Tigers could target.

In answer to your later posts to mine this lefty from the dodgers would be great Julio Urias.
also Seager from them. Aaron Judge has big time power in the yankees farm.

Back