Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB All-Star Voting Goes Exclusively Online

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2015/06/15/detroit-tigers-all-star-royals/71262396/
8 Royals now lead All-Star voting, but Cabrera is closer.
freep

now infante is leading all 2nd basemen he of the .204 ba. what bullshit.

I actually hope it stands. This will guarantee a change in all this shit. No one wants to see 8 or 9 Royals (or insert any team) in a starting line up. KC fans have proven what a joke of a system this is. Good for them. Stop letting fans vote. Fans are idiots.

I actually hope it stands. This will guarantee a change in all this shit. No one wants to see 8 or 9 Royals (or insert any team) in a starting line up. KC fans have proven what a joke of a system this is. Good for them. Stop letting fans vote. Fans are idiots.

I kind of agree. If it holds, I'd also like to see Trout bow out so it is all nine Royals playing. That would be a major middle finger to the league for allowing this nonsense.

We must have some of our own ballot box stuffing..how does Nick C. stand in 3rd place among 3B.

We must have some of our own ballot box stuffing..how does Nick C. stand in 3rd place among 3B.

Those are the ones that constantly voted for Brandon Inge through the years.

It is also why Rajai Davis is ahead of Torii Hunter and slightly behind J.D. Martinez.

Last edited:
The All Star game is meant to be for the fans. If the fans vote Player X in, then so be it. I do have a problem for coaches and players being the sole voter.

Now, if you wanted to do a weighted system of some sort. I.E. Fans = 50%, Players = 30% and Coaches = 20%. That might negate some ballot stuffing.

Who the starters should be:

C = Stephen Vogt (2nd) or Russell Martin (3rd)

1B = Miguel Cabrera (2nd) or Mark Teixeira (4th)

2B = Jason Kipnis (3rd) or Brian Dozier (NA)

SS = Jose Iglesias (2nd) or Marcus Siemen (4th)

3B = Josh Donaldson (2nd) or Mike Moustakas (1st)

OF = Mike Trout (2nd), Josh Reddick (10th), Jose Bautista (7th) or George Springer (NA), Yoenis Cespedes (6th), Michael Brantley (8th)

DH = Nelson Cruz (2nd) or Alex Rodriguez (5th)

BLUF....the only Royal position player that should be an All Star is Moustakas and he would barely be ahead of Manny Machado on my list.

The All Star game is meant to be for the fans. If the fans vote Player X in, then so be it. I do have a problem for coaches and players being the sole voter.

Now, if you wanted to do a weighted system of some sort. I.E. Fans = 50%, Players = 30% and Coaches = 20%. That might negate some ballot stuffing.

Do it like football: Fans, coaches and players equal share. They mess up much less..

They can't let the all star game decide home field advantage for the world series and let fans vote. Even the ONE time I voted this year, I voted for all the best performing players in the AL and the absolute worst performing players for the NL.

To vote on MLB.com, your email address must be valid and you will receive limited email about ballot participation during this year's All-Star Game Balloting Program. You may vote in the All-Star Balloting Program 35 times between 4/29/15 and 7/2/15. Vote for one player for each infield position and up to three players for Outfield. Additionally, in the American League, vote for a Designated Hitter. You may write-in one player for each position, but may only enter that player name as a write-in once per ballot. Ballots generated by a script, macro or other mechanical, automated means will be disqualified. Over-votes in any category will not be recorded.

Time for a "selection committee" from each league to choose the teams comprised of the "right players" rather than the "best" players. I'd watch that. But this panoply of ballplayers that numbers in the 70s to play for HFA IN THE WORLD SERIES has made the game even more farcical than it was even when the teams tied in 2002.

Back in the day, the all star games were fun. In the 70's it was a must watch. The game today sucks and the HR Derby, lmao.

Back