Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miggy to DL for first time in career

gotime909

15 day DL. Jefry Marte called up.

Last edited:
Ausmus says Miggy expected to miss 6 weeks.

Time to be sellers?

Ausmus says Miggy expected to miss 6 weeks.

Time to be sellers?

If that's the case, then probably yes. I guess it will all depend how we play going into the all star break and probably the first week after the break. I'm guessing DD will be on the phone selling.

I think we are too flawed of a team to make the playoffs even with Miggy in the line up. We certainly have no chance to catch the Royals....not with their bull pen. They just need to make sure they do not rush Miggy back.

They were a .500 team with him...they will probably be around .500 without him. Part of me wants them to be terrible so they become sellers but I honestly don't think they will be bad enough.

DD won't sell. It's all buy with him.

Last edited:
I think he'll be out longer than 6 weeks. His season may be done.

Grade 3 symptoms

There will be severe immediate pain at the back of the lower leg. The athlete will be unable to continue and unable to walk. There will be considerable bruising and swelling appearing and the athlete will be unable to even contract the calf muscle. In the case of a full rupture, often there is deformity where the muscle can be seen to be bunched up towards the top of the calf. A grade three is a near, or complete rupture of the muscle.

Grade 3:

This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibres in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.

Sell our trainers and team medical staff.

Seriously, this is the first time Miggy has ever gone on the DL even though he's had some pretty bad injuries the last couple of seasons. I'm actually surprised they aren't telling him it's okay to play through and he can't injure it worse by playing.

And for the record I was a believer we should have been sellers before this, because if we do a mini-rebuild now, we can be back on top in a few seasons. But the way we are heading we're going to be in the cellar for a long while unless we manage to get some young talent for guys like Price and Cespedes and maybe Soria, though Soria has become the official pitcher of the HR derby lately his value might be lower.

Sure this may be first time he's on dl.....but this is atleast 3 years in a row that he's been noticably injured and not close to 100%.

DD won't sell. It's all buy with him.

Do you know 1st place teams that sell? We've been 1st at the trade deadline in 6 of that last 9 years.

He's been a seller before. In 2008 he sent Pudge away at the deadline.

Do you know 1st place teams that sell? We've been 1st at the trade deadline in 6 of that last 9 years.

You sell only if you get something decent in return. ...price would be the only one that offers that chance and he's in the last year of his deal.

Last edited:
You sell only if you get something decent in return. ...price would be the only one that offers that chance and he's in the last year of his deal.

Cespedes and Soria would certainly bring back something.

That wasn't really a sell move. It was more of a straight trade. They traded a guy they knew was not going to re-sign and got Kyle Farnsworth in return.

That wasn't really a sell move. It was more of a straight trade. They traded a guy they knew was not going to re-sign and got Kyle Farnsworth in return.

Guess so, but definitely wasn't a buy lol

Gosh, just having a great season too. Was hoping for another bating title.

Guess so, but definitely wasn't a buy lol

No, not at all.

But when I think sell, is when you give up a guy with lots of value (Price for sure, Cespedes and Soria as well just less so) and get a bunch in return.

I'd like to trade all 3 and don't care if we get a single MLB ready player in return.

I'd trade Kinsler as well if we could find someone willing to eat 75% of his contract.

Oh man Mitch, nice deletion. I was just about to mention the Marlins were always sellers because they only had one season over .500 while DD was in charge. He actually went out and bought a lot of high priced players but that failed, which was why the owner ordered him to have the fire sale.

Back