Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miggy to DL for first time in career

Oh man Mitch, nice deletion. I was just about to mention the Marlins were always sellers because they only had one season over .500 while DD was in charge. He actually went out and bought a lot of high priced players but that failed, which was why the owner ordered him to have the fire sale.

I realized my mistake so I deleted it. I guess I just don't see DD being a seller. I doubt MI orders him too. Maybe the Miggy thing changes but we have 4 weeks to find out..But if we get anything back like Krol then I'm not looking forward to it..

No, not at all.

But when I think sell, is when you give up a guy with lots of value (Price for sure, Cespedes and Soria as well just less so) and get a bunch in return.

I'd like to trade all 3 and don't care if we get a single MLB ready player in return.

I'd trade Kinsler as well if we could find someone willing to eat 75% of his contract.

That's generally where I'm at as well.

I hate throwing in the towel on a season, but sometimes it's just the right thing to do. Unless we go on a hell of a winning streak over the next couple weeks I'm pretty sure Dave will try to get something out of some of those guys.

Man just got back from the beach and found out the news 6+ weeks for Miggy and thurd year in a row as has been mentioned we cannot get him healthy by seasons end.

I hate throwing in the towel but it may be time to sell pieces away Unless like has been mentioned we find away to win 18 of 23 or some great number like that..

Being only 1.5 out of a wildcard means we will not be sellers probably...

Miggy is 32....injuries are going to be more frequent as he ages. It shouldn't be a surprise that he has been hurt each of the past 3 years

Couple of posters will be bagging on Miggy non-stop now with this calf strain injury like they bag non-stop on Verlander and all the money he/they are making.

It makes me wonder what these same guys would have said about Kaline when he was always missing 15 to 35 games most every year with some sort of injury.

Bunch of Chronic f'n complainers. First time ever for Miggy. So what about the last couple of years. Those were taken care of in the offseasons and he came back with a vengeance this year. No player is tougher in so many ways as a bad ass and with such an incredible high tolerance and threshold for pain, playing with that ankle injury and more previously.

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/07/detroit_tigers_miguel_cabrera_130.html
Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (calf strain) placed on disabled list for the first time in his career.
mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...miguel-cabrera-tigers-disabled-list/29694649/
Tigers' Ausmus: Losing Miguel Cabrera is 'huge blow'.
freep

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/134517414/miguel-cabrera-placed-on-dl-with-calf-strain
Miggy on DL with calf strain, to miss 6 weeks.
Tigers call up Marte from Triple-A Toledo to take spot on active roster.
Tigers official site

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/134650302/tigers-look-at-options-with-miguel-cabrera-out
Tigers examine choices at first with Miggy out.
Avila steps in Saturday, while Detroit considers callup Marte; V-Mart 'not an option'.
Tigers official site

Last edited:
Couple of posters will be bagging on Miggy non-stop now with this calf strain injury like they bag non-stop on Verlander and all the money he/they are making.

It makes me wonder what these same guys would have said about Kaline when he was always missing 15 to 35 games most every year with some sort of injury.

Bunch of Chronic f'n complainers. First time ever for Miggy. So what about the last couple of years. Those were taken care of in the offseasons and he came back with a vengeance this year. No player is tougher in so many ways as a bad ass and with such an incredible high tolerance and threshold for pain, playing with that ankle injury and more previously.

You won't hear me complain,I've been blessed to watch him wear the English D for years now.

yeah Miggy is tough... It is so darn frustrating we didn't win the title in 2006 and 2012 and maybe another year.. The difference between the Giants 3 titles the Sox s titles and our 0-2 in WS play is so darn close....

Last edited:
I had this injury on May 7. I ran for the first time since the injury yesterday. After about a month I was walking somewhat normally. It's going to be all of six weeks. But an acupuncture therapy would reduce the healing time, but I doubt the Tigers' medical staff would agree.

I know picking's are slip and you'll never, even temporarily, replace Miggy but damn. So we don't have a guy in the ml who's better than this guy?

Exactly how is this any better option than what we already have in Alex, lettuce, Marte and Wilson?

Waste of time

He's hit pretty well in the minors. He can also play LF so maybe this is in anticipation of dealing Cespedes. lol

Back